This article contains analysis based on two papers of SSC CGL 2013, held on 21st April (KP series and PJ series)
Questions types in SSC CGL 2013, held on 21st April
|Number theory, LCM, HCF, remainder||0||2|
|%||profit loss interest rate etc.||7||6|
|STD||time and speed (Boat, railway etc.)||2||2|
|time and work (pipe cisterns etc.)||3||3|
|Mensuration (Area, volume, perimeter)||3||4|
|equation /formula based||3||4|
|DI||Bar, pie, line, table||7||7|
- SSC has continue the trend of last year (=less importance to conventional questions from profit-loss, time-speed, mensuration etc.) and more emphasis on geometry (theory), Trigonometry and algebra
- Roughly 2/3rd of the Maths questions are from Geometry, trigonometry, algebra and Data interpretation (DI) only.
- Although SSC chief remained kept his twitter promise: trigonometry and geometry portion bit easier than last time’s
- Usually DI portion contained only one “case” and 5 questions. This time SSC has given multiple DI cases.
|missing in series||15||8|
|dictionary based test||3||3|
|coding||coding-decoding and matrix||4||3|
|maths symbol based ops||2||4|
|arrangement||direction based tests||2||4|
|arrangement (weight/height wise)||1||1|
|Misc||misc (Venn Diagrams, TSW etc)||3||4|
- Compared to earlier years, SSC increased the number of non-verbal questions.
- Sitting arrangement (case containing 3-5 question) =absent.
- Otherwise question pattern/difficulty level similar to previous years.
General Awareness / GA-GK
- As usual, GA section was broadly made up of three parts: Static, Science and Crap.
- The message / lesson is clear: when it comes to the GA portion of SSC, don’t waste time chasing trivial current affairs. Because static (polity, history etc.) and science, is where your focus should be.
|Topic||Sub topics||no. of Questions|
|Persons in News||6|
In PJ and KP series question papers, the GA and English questions were same (only sequence was changed) hence I’ve given only single column for no. of questions
|type||Question||no. of Questions|
|idioms and phrases||5|
|fill in the blanks||5|
Not much to say, follows the usual pattern / difficulty level of previous years