Current Affairs and Gk -August 2013
Important current affairs and Gk questions of August month for IAS, RAS, SSC CGL, UPSC, BANK PO, UPSC,RPSC, Bank exams and all other exams.If you like the post kindly give rating.
There are 120 questions in this sections. Read all pages. Click below pages numbers to go to other pages.
1. Which one of the following states has launched “Ksheera Bhagya” scheme to provide school children 150 ml of milk three times a week?
2. Which among the following is / are covered under the covered under the Banking Ombudsman scheme?
The Karnataka state government has launched the Ksheera Bhagya scheme, under which over 65 lakh schools children across the state will now receive 150 ml of milk three times a week.
[A]Only 1 & 2
[B]Only 1 & 3
[C]Only 2 & 3
[D]1, 2 & 3
3. Primary Co-operative Banks
1, 2 & 3
All Scheduled Commercial Banks, Regional Rural Banks and Scheduled Primary Co-operative Banks are covered under the Scheme.
4. Sendero Luminoso is a guerrilla group operating in which country?
Pravasi Friend launched its operation in Kochi, Kerala. Pravasi Friend will help NRIs and NRKs to complete a large list of mandatory tasks such as legal services, medical services, spiritual needs and government department services. Under Pravasi Friend, assistance is given in buying, renting out and maintaining their properties, providing property documentation, investigation, home security services, besides securing admissions for their children in schools and colleges in the state.
5. Recently, National Archive of India (NAI) has launched which of the following publications?
Communist Party of Peru known as the Shining Path (Sendero Luminoso) is a Maoist guerilla insurgent organization in Peru.
[D]None of the above
6. The Gandhi Sagar Dam is a part of which of the following Projects?
The National Archive of India launched quarterly news bulletin, e-Abhilekh, to promote and project activities and development made in India and abroad in the archival field.
[C]Damodar Valley Project
7. Recently, Bangladesh high court has banned which of the following Islamic parties from contesting future polls?
Gandhi Sagar Dam is one of the four major dams built on the India’s Chambal River. The dam is located in the Mandasaur district of Madhya Pradesh.
[A]Bangladesh Islami Front
[C]Islamic Unit Front
[D]Islamic Action Society
8. The Thirty Meter Telescope (TMT), world’s most powerful telescope proposed to be built on___?
Bangladesh’s biggest right-wing-party Jamaat-e-Islami was banned from contesting future polls by a court, which cancelled its registration in a landmark ruling, leaving the once most powerful fundamentalist party with an uncertain future.
[A]Mauna Kea, Hawaii
[B]Mount Everest, Nepal
[D]Mount Kilimanjaro, Tanzania
Mauna Kea, Hawaii
The Thirty Meter Telescope (TMT) is a planned ground-based large segmented mirror reflecting telescope, proposed to be built on Mauna Kea in Hawaii. The telescope is much larger than existing telescopes and designed for observations from the near ultraviolet to the mid-infrared.
If you like share the post and kindly comment and share Below.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16