Current Affairs and Gk -July 2013
Important current affairs and Gk questions of July month for IAS, RAS, SSC CGL, UPSC, BANK PO, UPSC,RPSC, Bank exams and all other exams.If you like the post kindly give rating.
[important]This questions are useful for any competitive exam like IAS, bank PO, SSC CGL, RAS, CDS, UPSC exams and all state related exams.[/important]
1. Recently (July 2013) , MERS (Middle East Respiratory Syndrome), a new respiratory Virus related to SARS has killed many people in which country?
A new respiratory virus related to SARS (Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome) has killed 39 people in Saudi Arabia. Scientist have named this respiratory virus has Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS).
2. Who among the following has been chosen for “Lokamanya Tilak Award-2013”?
Metro man E Sreedharan has been chosen for the prestigious Lokmanya Tilak Award for 2013 for his outstanding contribution to society. The award comprising a gold medal, a citation and Rs one lakh cash, will be conferred on Sreedharan on August 1.
3. Which of the following state government has decided to launch a new scheme, “Mythri” to provide monthly pension of 500 for transgender?
The Karnataka government has announced a new scheme, Mythri, to provide monthly pension of 500 for transgender.
4. “World Hepatitis Day” is observed on_____?
World Hepatitis Day, observed on July 28 every year, aims to raise global awareness of hepatitis B and hepatitis C and encourage prevention, diagnosis and treatment.
5. Which one of the following firms has bagged an order valued Rs 8,250 crore to develop a Metro Project in Saudi Arabia?
[B]Larsen and Toubro
[C]Mangalam Cement Ltd
Larsen and Toubro
Engineering major Larsen and Toubro (L & T) and its consortium partners have bagged an order valued at Rs 8,250 crore to develop a metro project in Saudi Arabia. L&T construction won the turkey contract from ArRiyadh Development Authority in Saudi Arabia for the design, construction and commissioning of the metro project in Riyadh.
6. Who among the following has become the first cricketer to hit 400 sixes in an International Career?
Pakistan’s Shahid Afridi became the first cricketer to hit 400 sixes in an International career. Afridi reached the landmark in the 16th over of Pakistan’s reply to the West Indies 152 for seven in the first Twenty20 International. Chris Gayle, playing for the West Indies, is next on the list having hit 353 sixes in his Test.
7. Under which of the following names, Indian Air Force and Air Force of France have decided to conduct military exercise during first half of 2014?
Indian Air Force and France Air Force have decided to conduct air force exercise “Garuda” during the first half of 2014.
8. Which one of the followings is not a member country of “Southern African Customs Union (SACU)”?
The Southern African Customs Union (SACU) consists of Botswana, Lesotho, South Africa and Swaziland. The SACU secretariat is located in Windhoek, Namibia. SACU was established in 1910, making it world’s oldest custom union.
If you like share the post and kindly comment and share Below.