Current Affairs-Februrary 2013 Part-2
Very important questions for IAS, RAS, SSC CGL, UPSC, BANK PO, UPSC,RPSC, Bank exams and all other exams.If you like the post kindly give rating.
[important]This questions are useful for any competitive exam like IAS, bank PO, SSC CGL, RAS, CDS, UPSC exams and all state related exams. You can attempt them for fun too.[/important]
65. By passing the Right to Hearing act 2012, which among the following states have become the first state to make legislation to ensure hearing to common man on grievance within a fortnight?
The Rajasthan Right to Hearing Act 2012 has been promulgated in August 2012. It has provisions to ensure hearing to common man on grievance within a fortnight, at a point nearer to complainant’s place. Under the Act,Public Hearing Officers and Appellate authorities are appointed to ensure the hearing within 15 days, to the complainant at gram panchayat, tehsil, sub-block, district and divisional headquarters.
66. Which among the following has mapped nearly 90 per cent of the Mar’s surface with a high-resolution stereo camera?
Nearly 90 per cent of Mars’ surface has been mapped by the high-resolution stereo camera on European Space Agency’s Mars Express, shedding light on many geological features of the red planet. The mosaic comprises 2702 individual swaths of the Martian surface, up to and including the spacecraft’s 10821st orbit of the planet, which it completed on June 30, 2012, ESA said. The map is equatorially aligned, meaning that regions at the poles appear distorted. The map provides a record of all locations observed by the camera simultaneously in red, green, blue and nadir channels.
67. Which among the following is the India’s first indigenous weaponised helicopter?
Recently, the first indigenously built Weapon System Integrated (WSI) helicopter Rudra (ALH WSI Mk-IV) was handed over to the Indian Army by Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL). The Rudra is a weaponised platform catering to attack roles with self-defense capability. The helicopter is fitted with three sighting systems i.e., electro-optic pod, helmet mounted sight and fixed sight. A 20-mm turret gun is fitted in the nose of the helicopter and the combination of 70-mm rockets, air-to-air missiles and anti-tank guided missiles can be fitted on the four weapon stations. The warning and counter measures include radar laser missile warning systems and flare chaff dispensers.
68. Which among the following day is celebrated as the World Radio Day to raise awareness about the importance of radio?
World Radio Day is observed on 13 February, which marks the day when the United Nations Radio was launched in 1946. Since its establishment, UN Radio has used its multilingual programmes carried by media outlets around the globe to tell the story of the international community’s efforts to meet the challenges of building a better world. Amid the rise of new technologies, radio remains the most accessible platform, a powerful communication tool and a low cost medium. Raising awareness of its unique value is one of the goals of World Radio Day that also seeks to improve international cooperation among broadcasters and encourage decision makers to provide access to information through radio.
69. The Gram Nyayalaya scheme came into existence in which among the following years ?
70. . The Saakshar Bharat programme aims to impart education to __:
71. Recently, in which among the following countries the 12th Organisation of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) summit was held?
The Organisation of Islamic Cooperation is an international organisation consisting of 57 member states. The organisation attempts to be the collective voice of the Muslim world and to safeguard the interests and ensure the progress and well-being of its member countries in an atmosphere of international peace. Recently, the 12th Organisation of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) summit was held in Cairo.
72. Which among the following countries offers the Fulbright-Nehru fellowships for Indian students?
The United States-India Education Foundation (USIEF) Fellowships for Indian citizens’ study, research, teaching and professional development in the United States of America aims at improving the bilateral relationship between the U.S. and India. Out of them, the Fulbright-Nehru fellowships are important.
If you like share the post and kindly comment and share Below.
Total Views 26