Current Affairs-December 2012 Part-1
Very important questions for IAS, RAS, SSC CGL, UPSC, BANK PO, UPSC,RPSC, Bank exams and all other exams.If you like the post kindly give rating.
[important]This questions are useful for any competitive exam like IAS, bank PO, SSC CGL, RAS, CDS, UPSC exams and all state related exams. You can attempt them for fun too.[/important]
1. India’s first carbon-based thematic index “Carbonex” has been recently launched by ___?
Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE)
The Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) launched BSE Carbonex, the first carbon-based thematic index in the country, which takes a strategic view of organisational commitment to climate change mitigation.
2. Which among the following film bagged the Golden Peacock Award at the 43rd International Film Festival of India (IFFI) 2012 in Panaji?
Anhey Ghorey Da Daan
The debutant director Gurvinder Singh’s Punjabi film ‘Anhey Ghorey Da Daan’ bagged the coveted Golden Peacock Award at the 43rd International Film Festival of India (IFFI) 2012 in Panaji. Based on the Punjabi novel by Gurdial Singh, the film depicts the plight and problems of Indian farmers and landlords. The award consists of a Golden Peacock, a citation and 20 lakh rupees in cash.
3. ‘Earn While You Learn’ is a scheme of ____________?
Ministry of Tourism
The Ministry of Tourism has launched a Scheme titled ‘Earn While You Learn’ with a view to inculcate appropriate tourism travel traits and knowledge amongst trainees to enable them to work as ‘student volunteers’. The salient features of the Scheme are :
4. The purpose of setting up of India Opportunity Venture Fund (IOVF) is to help _______________?
Small and medium enterprises (SMEs)
IOVF is operated by SIDBI.
5. Who among the following was the author of the book titled ‘The Bhakti Movement: Renaissance or Revivalism’?
P. Govinda Pillai
Renowned Leftist writer and former Chief Editor of Deshabhimani daily P Govinda Pillai passed away recently.’Kerala Navodhanam Oru Marxist Veekshanam’, ‘EMS um Malayala Sahityavum’ and ‘Mahabharatham Muthal Communism Vare’ are some of his noted books.
6. What is the India’s GDP growth for the second quarter (July-September) of the current financial year 2012-13?
5.3 per cent
The Indian economy grew by 5.3 per cent in the July-September period of the current financial year (2012-13), pulled down by poor performance of manufacturing and agriculture sectors, showing persistent signs of slowdown. The gross domestic product had expanded by 6.7 per cent in the same period of last fiscal.It had grown by 5.5 per cent in the first quarter (April-June) of 2012-13. During the three-month period ended September 30, the manufacturing sector grew marginally by 0.8 per cent, against 2.9 per cent growth in the same period of 2011-12, according to data released by the Central Statistical Organisation (CSO).Farm sector output expanded by just 1.2 per cent in the July-September period this fiscal against 3.1 per cent in the same period last year. The economic growth in the first six month of this fiscal (April-September) is 5.4 per cent, lower than 7.3 per cent growth clocked in the year-ago period. In the July-September quarter, trade, hotels, transport and communications segment also witnessed lower pace of growth at 5.5 per cent compared to 9.5 per cent expansion in the same quarter in year ago.
7. 3 per cent growth clocked in the year-ago period. In the July-September quarter, trade, hotels, transport and communications segment also witnessed lower pace of growth at 5.5 per cent compared to 9.5 per cent expansion in the same quarter in year ago.
Enrique Pena Nieto
Enrique Pena Nieto took the oath of office as Mexico’s new president vowing to restore peace and security and take on the vested interests that have hindered economic prosperity.
8. Which among the following method is not allowed in India for diagnosis of Tuberculosis?
Serological diagnostic tests
In July 2012, as per the World Health Organisation’s (WHO) recommendation, the government had imposed a ban on the manufacture, sale, distribution, use and import of serological diagnostic tests for TB.The Revised National Tuberculosis Control Programme has approved sputum microscopy, X-ray Chest, Solid and Liquid Culture methods and Rapid molecular for diagnosis of Tuberculosis. The WHO has suggested that the widely available commercial serological tests provide inconsistent and imprecise estimates of sensitivity and specificity. Therefore it should not be used for the diagnosis of pulmonary and extra-pulmonary TB.
If you like share the post and kindly comment and share Below.
Total Views 35
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15