Current Affairs-December 2012
Very important questions for IAS, RAS, SSC CGL, UPSC, BANK PO, UPSC,RPSC, Bank exams and all other exams.If you like the post kindly give rating.
[important]This questions are useful for any competitive exam like IAS, bank PO, SSC CGL, RAS, CDS, UPSC exams and all state related exams. You can attempt
them for fun too.[/important]
121. The Megatons to Megawatts Program was launched with the agreement between ___?
122. Which among the following Governments has recently launched a new debit card named ‘Saral Money’ for Aadhaar beneficiaries?
Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit launched a new card for Aadhaar beneficiaries that will be linked to a bank account in the name of the
cardholders to help them access social welfare benefits. Aadhaar beneficiaries who buy the card, named Saral Money, will have a bank account opened in their
name automatically, with the card doubling up as a debit card.
123. Sitar Maestro Pandit Ravi Shankar , who recently died was awarded with which among the following Civilian Awards of India? 1. Padma Vibhushan 2. Padma
Bhushan 3. Bharat Ratna
1, 2 & 3
Ravi Shankar was awarded the three highest national civil honours of India: Padma Bhushan, in 1967, Padma Vibhushan, in 1981, and Bharat
Ratna, in 1999
124. In context with the Service Industry in India, consider the following statements:
1, 2 & 3
With exports at $137 billion and imports at $124 billion, India is among the five countries among the top ten players which ended the year
2011 with a surplus of trade in commercial services, according to a WTO report. The Indian economy is mainly driven by services with the sector contributing
over 55 per cent of the country’s Gross Domestic Product (GDP).
125. The “New Frontiers program” which has been frequently in news is related to ___?
Space Research by NASA
New Frontiers program is a series of space exploration missions being conducted by NASA with the purpose of researching several
of the Sun’s planets including Jupiter, Venus, and the dwarf planet Pluto.The next upcoming mission would be Venus In-Situ Explorer (VISE). VISE is a mission
that is designed to answer fundamental scientific questions by landing and performing experiments on Venus.
126. A National Aeronautics Commission on the lines of the Space Commission has been recommended by ____?
B.K. Chaturvedi Committee
127. Barak-8 surface-to-air missile has been jointly developed by India and ________?
Recently, India’s Bharat Electronics (BEL) and Israel Aerospace Industries (IAI) have signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) on Baraka-8
missile. According to the new MoU, BEL will function as the lead integrator and produce major subsystems for the Barak-8. IAI will continue to act as the
design authority and to produce other subsystems as a main subcontractor to the Indian firm.Barak-8 missiles will be installed on the three Project 15A
Kolkata-class guided-missile destroyers under construction at the Mazagon shipyard in India. Delivery of the first vessel is scheduled for 2012.
128. IAI will continue to act as the design authority and to produce other subsystems as a main subcontractor to the Indian firm.Barak-8 missiles will be
installed on the three Project 15A Kolkata-class guided-missile destroyers under construction at the Mazagon shipyard in India. Delivery of the first vessel
is scheduled for 2012.
If you like share the post and kindly comment and share Below.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15