Current Affairs-January 2013
Very important questions for IAS, RAS, SSC CGL, UPSC, BANK PO, UPSC,RPSC, Bank exams and all other exams.If you like the post kindly give rating.
[important]This questions are useful for any competitive exam like IAS, bank PO, SSC CGL, RAS, CDS, UPSC exams and all state related exams. You can attempt them for fun too.[/important]
1. Who among the following is not one among the recent Padma Vibhushan awardee list?
Noted physicist Yash Pal, space scientist Roddam Narasimha, renowned sculptor Raghunath Mohapatra and painter S. Haider Raza were chosen for this year’s Padma Vibhushan while yesteryear film actors late Rajesh Khanna and Sharmila Tagore and cricketer Rahul Dravid were selected for Padma Bhushan.
2. Recently, in which among the following African country, a hostage crisis took place at a gas plant, which resulted in killing of several foreigners?
3. Who among the following has won the DSC Prize for South Asian Literature-2013?
Author Jeet Thayil has won the DSC Prize for South Asian Literature-2013 for his debut novel Narcopolis
4. The cloned buffalo Garima II gave birth to a calf, which is named as _________?
The calf, named Mahima, was born through ‘hand-guided cloning technique’
5. Who among the following is dubbed as “the cleanest and poorest” chief minister in India?
Tripura Chief Minister Manik Sarkar can arguably be dubbed “the cleanest and poorest” chief minister in the country with personal property, movable and immovable, valued at less than Rs 2.5 lakh.
6. Recently, who among the following is appointed as the new head of the Eurogroup?
Jeroen Dijsselbloem of The Netherlands took over as chairman of the key Eurogroup of finance ministers, despite resistance in a vote to replace Luxembourg’s Jean-Claude Juncker.
7. Which among the following award is given for excellence in the Indian Foreign Service?
S.K. Singh award
Tanmaya Lal, a Indian Foreign Service officer of the 1991 batch was honoured with the second S K Singh award for outstanding Foreign Service.
8. Who among the following is the winner of the 2013 Australian Open title in women’s single category?
Victoria Azarenka retained her Australian Open title and world No1 ranking with a victory over China’s Li Na.
If you like share the post and kindly comment and share Below.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10