Current Affairs-November 2013
Very important questions for IAS, RAS, SSC CGL, UPSC, BANK PO, UPSC,RPSC, Bank exams and all other exams.If you like the post kindly give
[important]This questions are useful for any competitive exam like IAS, bank PO, SSC CGL, RAS, CDS, UPSC exams and all state related exams. You can
attempt them for fun too.[/important]
1. Which among the following country has clinched the Asian Kabbadi Championship?
2. Recently, in which among the following country the Sixth Conference of the Association of SAARC Speakers and Parliamentarians was held?
3. Which among the following State is the first state in the country to commission an independent comprehensive nutrition survey?
‘Comprehensive nutrition survey in Maharashtra’ (CNSM), conducted by the Indian Institute of Population Sciences (IIPS) and UNICEF, has said
malnutrition is declining in the state. The report, released by Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan says that stunting (not growing enough for
age) in the children under the age of two has decreased 16 per cent, compared with 2005-2006.The 2005 ‘National Family Health Survey’ had found that 39
per cent of the children in the state were too short. As per the IIPS-UNICEF survey, the percentage is now 22.8.The percentage of ‘wasting’ (too thin
for height) children has come down from 19.9 to 15.5. The percentage of underweight (too thin for age) kids has come down from 29.6 per cent to 21.8 per
cent. The infant mortality rate has decreased from 28 per cent to 25 per cent.Chavan said Maharashtra was the first state in the country to commission
such independent survey.The survey attributes the improvement to good infant and young child feeding practices and nutrition care for women.
4. Recently, which among the following country has successfully tested an upgraded version of its “Iron Dome” missile defence system?
The Israeli air force has successfully tested an upgraded version of its “Iron Dome” missile defence system, the Defence Ministry has said.
This test constitutes a new success in the project to strengthen the Iron Dome’s performance. Israel has invested an enormous budget to finance the
different missile defence systems that should allow us to protect the whole of our territory within a few years. The first Iron Dome battery was
installed in March 2011 near Beersheva in the Negev desert region, 40 km (25 miles) from the Gaza Strip, and has intercepted more than 100 rockets since
then. Southern Israel is regularly targeted by rocket attacks from Palestinian Hamas-controlled Gaza, to which it often responds with air raids. The
Iron Dome system is developed by Rafael Advanced Defence Systems, a public arms company based in the northern town of Haifa, and part-funded by the US.
The Israeli missile defence programme includes other systems, including Arrow, which is for ballistic missiles, and David’s Sling, for medium-range
5. Recently, which among the following organisation has released the ‘World Development Report 2013: Jobs’?
[A]International Monetary Fund
6. Who among the following is leading the Indian hockey team in the International Super Series and 34th Champions Trophy in Australia?
The International Super Series, which also features England, Australia and Pakistan, will be played in Perth Nov 22-25. India will
open its campaign against England Nov 22 followed by matches against Australia and Pakistan.
7. Recently, who among the following has appointed as the new Chairperson and Managing Director of the Bank of India?
[C]Vijayalakshmi R. Iyer
8. Recently, who among the following has appointed as the new country head for the Singapore-headquartered United Overseas Bank’s India operations?
[D]B. A. Prabhakar
If you like share the post and kindly comment and share Below.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13