Ideological changes witnessed over the course of Indian independence movement
- Started with militant movements in Bengal
- Initial years of congress: Moderate faction of congress- Basic right to appear for Indian civil services and some basic economic rights for the sons of the soil
- 1900-1920—Radical approach proposed by Lal-Bal-Pal, Aurobindo ghosh, Chidambram Pillai
- Gandhi’s non violence and civil resistance
- Jinnah’s constitutional struggle for the rights of minorities
- Armed revolution by revolutionaries like Bose, Bhagat.
- Feminist ideas propagated by Sarojini Naiduand Begum Robeya: For emancipation of women and their involvement in national politics.
- Political awareness through literature, poetry and speech propagated by Tagore and Kazi nazrul.
Socialist orientation due to rise of CPI/and left wing ideology.
Though the basic ideology was anti-colonial, final view supported by vision of independent capitalistic economic development and a democratic, republican and civil-liberatarian political structure .