Current Affairs and Gk -October full month, 2013
Important current affairs and Gk questions of October month for IAS, RAS, SSC CGL, UPSC, BANK PO, UPSC,RPSC, Bank exams and all other exams.If you like the post kindly give rating.
Useful for any competitive exam like IAS, bank PO, SSC CGL, RAS, CDS, UPSC exams and all state related exams.
1. Who among the following has won Korean Grand Prix 2013?
2. Recently (October, 2013), in which of the following places All-Women Sharia court to redress grievance of Muslim women started functioning?
Red Bull’s Sebastian Vettel won Korean Grand Prix. Lotus drivers Kimi Raikkonen and Romain Grosjean took second and third.
3. In October 2013,voters of which of the following countries have rejected government proposal to abolish upper house of the parliament?
A sharia court conducted solely by women with an aim to redress grievances of Muslim women has started functioning at Pune. Set up by Bhartia Muslim
Mahila Andholan (BMMA) the first all-women sharia court will deal with various family issue, including marital discord, divorce as well as property-
4. The government of which among the following states has launched a scheme to screen people above the age of 30 years for life style diseases?
Voters in the Republic of Ireland have rejected a government proposal to abolish Seanad Eireann (upper parliament of the Irish parliament). The Seanad has existed for more than 90 years. The current Irish government has argued it cost too much to run and that its abolish could have saved Irish taxpayers as much as 20m euros a year.
5. Who among the following are conferred with 2013 Nobel Prize in medicine?
“Amrutham Arogyam” a unique project to screen all the people above the age of 30 years in the state for life style disease was formally launched in Kerala.
Chose the correct answer from the codes given below:
[A]Only 1 & 3
[B]Only 1, 2 & 3
[C]Only 1, 2 & 4
[D]Only 2, 3 & 4
6. Who among the following has been recently inducted into the prestigious National Academy of Engineering, United States for his contribution to industrial development in India and world?
Only 1, 2 & 3
Americans James Rothman and Randy Schekman and German born research Thomas Suedhof won the 2013 Nobel Prize in medicine for discoveries on
how hormones, enzymes and other key substances are transported within cells.
7. At which among the following places, Tamil Nadu’s first Spice Park has been inaugurated?
Industrialist Ratan Tata has been inducted into the prestigious National Academy of Engineering in US for his contribution to industrial development in India and across the world. Besides Tata, eight Indian-Americans have been inducted into the institute, consider among the highest professional distinctions accorded to an engineer.
8. Which of the following Islands is the only place in India where the rare yellow mangrove (Ceriops tagap) is found?
Union Finance minister P Chidambaram inaugurated Tamil Nadu’s first Spice Park at Muthupatti near Shivaganga. The Spice Park set up in Sivaganga at a cost of Rs 20 crore is aimed at creating infrastructure and processing facilities for turmeric and chilli produced in Tamil Nadu.
[C]St Marry Island
The estuarine Vincet Island on Ashtamudi Late in Kollam is the only place in India where the rare yellow mangrove is found. The yellow mangrove, long thought to be extinct, was discovered on Vincet Island by mangrove enthusiasts in 2011.
If you like share the post and kindly comment and share Below.
Total Views 414