Here are some interesting puzzles asked in most of interview. Try to solve it and enjoy
1. You are given two candles of equal size, which can burn 1 hour each. You have to measure 90 minutes with these candles. (There is no scale or clock). Also you are given a lighter.
2. You are given a cake; one of its corner is broken. How will you cut the rest into Two equal parts?
3. If one tier of a car suddenly gets stolen and after sometime u find the tier without the screws how will u make you journey complete?
4. If two painters can complete two rooms in two hours, how many painters would it take to do 18 rooms in 6 hours?
5. How many steps are required to break an m × n sized bar of chocolate into 1 × 1 pieces? You can break an existing piece of chocolate horizontally or vertically. You cannot break two or more pieces at once (so no cutting through stacks).
6. A horse rider went a mile in 5 minutes with the wind and returned in 7 minutes against the wind. How fast could he ride a mile if there was no wind?
7. At a party, everyone shook hands with everybody else. There were 66 handshakes. How many people were at the party?
8. Sean caught a prize fish last weekend. He was going to measure it but realized that his ruler was not long enough. He was able to measure the head and discovered that it was 9cm long, he then measured the tail and found that it was the length of the head plus half the length of the body. If the body was the length of the head plus the tail, what is the total length of the fish?
9. There are 6 pairs of black socks and 6 pairs of white socks.What is the probability to pick a pair of black or white socks when 2 socks are selected randomly in darkness.
10. A blind-folded man is handed a deck of 52 cards and told that exactly 10 of these cards are facing up.He is asked to divide those cards into two piles, each with the name number of cards facing up. He can’t peek, get help, or damage the cards, but may use any strategy that occurs to him to do so. How can he do it?