Very important current Gk questions for SSC CGL-13
1) Who among the following former CBI Director has been recently appointed as the member of the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)?
1. Amar Pratap Singh
2. US Mishra
3. Vijay Sankar
4. Aswani Kumar
2) Which among the following countries has test fired ‘Ghader’(a surface-to-surface missile) recently?
1. North Korea
3) The Sindh Assembly has approved a bill to rename the southern Pakistani province as:
4) Who has been appointed as the new president of Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI)?
1. K. Raghu
2. Subodh Kumar Agrawal
3. Jaydeep N. Shah
4. Amarjit Chopra
5) Which among the following companies has become the first Indian FMCG brand that crossed 5000 crore Rupees mark in terms of retail sales in one year?
1. Amul India
2. Tata Global Beverages
4. Dabur India
6) Lyonchhen Jigmi Y. Thinley was on an official visit to India recently. He is the Prime Minister of:
7) MCX-SX is:
1. the third national stock exchange of India.
2. the new aircraft imported from Italy.
3. the satellite launched by India.
4. the new supercomputer.
8) Who won men’s singles VTR open tennis tournament 2013 in Vina del Mar, Chile?
1. Leonardo Mayer
2. Rafael Nadal
3. Horacio Zeballos
4. Carlos Berlocq
9) Which country has successfully fired the NASR, short-range surface-to-surface multi-tube ballistic missile?
3. North Korea
10) Who has been honored with the posthumous Lifetime Achievement Grammy award 2013?
1. Jagjit Singh
2. Pandit Ravi Shankar
3. Bhimsen Joshi
4. Ustad Bismillah Khan
11) Name the former Indian hockey team captain and Olympian who has been conferred an honorary D.Litt. degree by Aligarh Muslim University for his contributions in the field of sports?
1. Zafar Iqbal
2. Dilip Tirkey
3. Pargat Singh
4. Sommayya Maneypande
12) Which State Government has exempted VAT from wheat that is distributed under the PDS to the beneficiaries of Antyodaya Anna Yojna?
1. Uttar Pradesh
13) Which state government has inked a memorandum of understanding with Monsanto Holdings Private Limited to jointly establish three “centres of excellence” for promotion of cotton, maize and vegetables in the State?
14) Which state government has banned the use of incandescent lamps in all government and commercial establishments in the State?
3. Jammu & Kashmir
4. Uttar Pradesh
15) Which among the following Indian cities is the world’s second most affordable office market after Surabaya in Indonesia?
16) Who has been appointed as the Solicitor General of India after Rohinton Nariman?
1. Mohan Parasaran
2. Bishwajit Bhattacharyya
3. Rajeev Mehra
4. Sidharth Luthra
17) Which High Court has held that all students aged between six and 14 in private schools are eligible for free education and not just those from poor families gaining admission under a 25 per cent quota fixed by the Right to Free and Compulsory Education Act?
18) Sachin Tendulkar has scored his 81st century in first class cricket and equaled the record of:
1. Kapil Dev
2. Sunil Gavaskar
3. Dilip Vengsarkar
4. Mansur Ali Khan Pataudi
19) What is the name of the book written by Makarand Waingankar on cricket player, Yuvraj Singh?
2. ‘Brave Yuvraj’
3. ‘Yuvi the King’
4. ‘Life of Yuvi’
20) The largest saltwater crocodile (6.17 metres) of the world, named Lolong, has died recently in: