Quiz on current affairs 2015- Series#3
1. Whom did Saina Nehwal defeat to win the Yonex Indian Open Badminton Women’s Singles title?
(a) Li Xuerui (b) Carolina Marin
(c) Wang Shixian (d) Ratchanok Intanon
2. Hatra, a UNESCO world Heritage Site, which has been reportedly destroyed by militants is located in which country?
(a) Nigeria (b) Syria
(c) Iraq (d) Egypt
3. Assumption Island which India has taken on lease for tourism and infrastructure development is a part of which country?
(a) Mauritius (b) Seychelles
(c) Maldives (d) Indonesia
4. Who unveiled the bronze statue of Mahatma Gandhi at parliament Square in London recently?
(a) Smt Smriti Irani (b) Shri Arun Jaitley
(c) Shri Narendra Modi (d) Shri Rajnath Singh
5. Which Indian environmentalist was recently awarded the 2015 Tyler Prize for environmental Achievement?
(a) Rajender Singh (b) Medha Patkar
(c) Sundarlal Bahuguna (d) Madhav Gadgil
6. Who of the following is the recipient of KK Birla Foundation’s Saraswati Samman for 2014?
(a) Gopaldas Neeraj (b) Vinod Mehta
(c) Akhil Sharma (d) Veerappa Moily
7. Which legendary hockey player was honoured with the major Dhyanchand Lifetime Achievement Award at the hockey
India annual awards?
(a) Ashok Kumar (b) Balbir Singh Senior
(c) Leslie Claudius (d) B.P. Govinda
8. Which state has become the first in India to pass a legislation prescribing minimum educational qualifications for election to Panchayat Raj institutions?
(a) Uttarakhand (b) Himachal Pradesh
(c) Punjab (d) Rajasthan
9. Which of the following countries was severely affected by the South Pacific Tropical Cyclone Pam?
(a) Haiti (b) Hawai
(c) Kiribati (d) Vanautu
10. Which of the following Central Police Force has decided to recruit women officers for the first time?
(a) Central Reserve Police Force
(b) Central Industrial security Force
(c) Indo-Tibetan Border Police
(d) Border Security Force
To stay updated download Examsbook andorid app now.