Quiz on Current Affairs-2015
1. General Muhammadu Buhari is the new President elect of which of the following countries?
(c)Nigeria (d) Libya
2. Which of the following is the first bank to launch the Sukanya Samridhi Scheme?
(a) State Bank of India (b) Canara Bank
(c) Punjab National Bank (d) Bank of Baroda
3. What kind of an animal/bird is Ammu, themascot of the 35th National Games?
(a) Elephant (b) Hornbill
(c) Macaque (d) Flamingo
4. Sabeen Mahmud, the rights activist who was shot down recently by unknown gunmen belongs to –
(a) Bangladesh (b) Afghanistan
(c) Egypt (d) Pakistan
5. Which of the following organizations has been chosen for the Gandhi Peace Price for 2014?
(a) Indian Space Research Organisation
(b) Defence Research and Development Organisation
(c) Council for Scientific and Industrial Research
(d) University Grants Commission
6. Who of the following has been chosen to head the Innovative Council of Indian Railways name Kaya Kalp?
(a) Suresh Prabhu (b) Vikas Swarup
(c) Gautam Adani (d) Ratan Tata
7. Which Indian player scored 2 centuries in the World Cup 2015 tournament?
(a) Shikhar Dhawan (b) Rohit Sharma
(c) Suresh Raina (d) Virat kohli
8. Which of the following Central Police Force has decided to recruit women officers for the first time?
(a) Central Reserve Police Force
(b) Central Industrial security Force
(c) Indo-Tibetan Border Police
(d) Border Security Force
9. Which team made the highest team total at the World Cup 2015 creating a tournament record?
(a) South Africa against Ireland
(b) Australia against Afghanistan
(c) Australia against Sri Lanka
(d) South Africa against West Indies
10. Which of the following Indian authors has figured in the list of finalists for the Man Booker Prize 2015?
(a) Jhumpa Lahiri (b) Amitav Ghosh
(c) Akhil Sharma (d) Aravind Adiga
11. Which of the following countries was severely affected by the South Pacific Tropical Cyclone Pam?
(a) Haiti (b) Hawai
(c) Kiribati (d) Vanautu
12. The Airbus A 320-200 flight 9525 which crashed in the French Alps on 24 March 2015 belonged to which airlines?
(a) Air France-KLM (b) Germanwings
(c) Aeroflot (d) British Airways
13. What was the theme of International Women’s Day 2015?
(a) It is our turn to lead (b) It is your world
(c) Make it Happen (d) Let us walk together
14. Who of the following is the recipient of KK Birla Foundation’s Saraswati Samman for 2014?
(a) Gopaldas Neeraj (b) Vinod Mehta
(c) Akhil Sharma (d) Veerappa Moily
15. Which legendary hockey player was honoured with the major Dhyanchand Lifetime Achievement Award at the hockey India annual awards?
(a) Ashok Kumar (b) Balbir Singh Senior
(c) Leslie Claudius (d) B.P. Govinda
16. Which of the following teams has won the Ranji trophy cricket championship 2014-15?
(a) Karnataka (b) Tamil Nadu
(c) Mumbai (d) Rajasthan
17. Which Indian bowler took the most wickets in the World Cup 2015 tournament?
(a) Mohammed Shami
(b) Umesh Yadav
(c) Bhuvaneshwar kumar
(d) Ravichandran Ashwin
18. In which of the following cities was the World Cup final match held?
(a) Melbourne (b) Sydney
(c) Adelaide (d) Perth
19. Which state has become the first in India to pass a legislation prescribing minimum educational qualifications for election to Panchayat Raj institutions?
(a) Uttarakhand (b) Himachal Pradesh
(c) Punjab (d) Rajasthan
20. Which film has been adjudged the Best Popular Film providing wholesome entertainment at the National Film Awards for 2014?
(a) Queen (b) Mary Kom
(c) Haider (d) Chotoder Chobi
To stay updated download Examsbook andorid app now.