Quiz on Current Affairs # Series 6
1. Identify the focus area of Mission Innovation that was launched by world leaders on 30 November 2015 in Paris?
a) Tackling terrorism
b) Clean energy
c) Illegal migration
d) Natural Disasters
2. Name the senior Indian Information Services (IIS) officer and Additional Director General (News) in All India Radio who retired from service on 30 November 2015.
a) Anil Kumar Bamba
b) DN Mohanty
c) Pratima Dikshit
d) Aditi Das Rout
3. Name the country that on 30 November 2015 refuted China’s claims over islands in the South China Sea, during week-long proceedings at an arbitration court in The Hague.
4. Who on 2 December 2015 was elected as the new Speaker of the Bihar Legislative Assembly?
a) Sadanand Singh
b) Vijay Kumar Chaudhary
c) Jitan Ram Manjhi
d) Uday Narayan Choudhary
5. President Pranab Mukherjee on 20 September 2015 gave his assent to the Labour Laws (Amendment) Bill 2015 of which state?
b) Madhya Pradesh
c) Arunachal Pradesh
6. The International Day for the Abolition of Slavery was observed globally on which date?
a) 29 November
b) 30 November
c) 1 December
d) 2 December
7. Tata Sons Ltd on 2 December 2015 tied-up with which international bank for its funding and branding in several countries across the world?
a) International Monetary Funds
b) Industrial & Commercial Bank of China Limited
c) World Bank
d) European Central Bank
8. Who was appointed as the President and Managing Director of General Motors India on 7 December 2015?
a) Arvind Saxena
b) Stefan Jacoby
c) Kaher Kazem
d) Zuber Ahmed
9. In which of the following cities India and Pakistan held NSA level talks on 6 December 2015?
10. Name the Bill that was passed by Rajya Sabha on 7 December 2015 and provides for filing of cheque bounce cases at the place where a cheque is presented for clearance and not the place of issue.
a) Negotiable Instruments (Amendment) Bill, 2015
b) The Banking Laws (Amendment) Bill, 2015
c) The Indian Stamp (Amendment) Bill, 2015
d) The Prevention of Money Laundering (Amendment) Bill, 2015
11. Which of the following cities of India have been designated as members of UNESCO’s Creative Cities Network (UCCN)?
a) Varanasi and Jaipur
b) Hyderabad and Dharmashala
c) Mysore and Agra
d) Haridwar and Jaisalmer
12. International Day of Commemoration and Dignity of the Victims of the Crime of Genocide and of the Prevention of this Crime was observed on
a) 6 December
b) 7 December
c) 8 December
d) 9 December
13. Name the Indian cricketer who on 9 December 2015 became the co-owner of the Pro Wrestling League team, UP Warriors.
a) Virat Kohli
b) MS Dhoni
c) Harbhajan Singh
d) Rohit Sharma
14. Which state government/union territory on 3 December 2015 announced vehicle rationing scheme to curb air pollution?
c) NCT of Delhi
15. Name the Missile that was on 27 November 2015 successfully flight-tested for the first time from an Israeli Naval Platform?
a) Dhanush ballistic missile
b) Long Range Surface-to-Air Missile
c) Prithvi-II missile
d) Agni-I missile
16. India was on 28 November 2015 re-elected as the Member of International Maritime Council for 2016-17. In which year, India joined IMO as a member-state?
17. Which group of countries took part in the Joint Exercise SAADMEx-2015 that was held in Delhi from 23 November to 26 November 2015?
a) G20 Countries
b) SAARC Countries
c) ASEAN Countries
d) BRICS Countries
18. Name the distinguished Japanese historian of South India and South Asia who was an eminent Tamil Scholar and died on 26 November 2015?
a) Noboru Karashima
b) Fuyuko Kamisaka
c) Suematsu Kench?
d) Akira Fujiwara
19. Delhi Government appointed Inquiry panel that on 17 November 2015 submitted its report and recommended immediate suspension of DDCA was headed by
a) Chetan Sanghi
b) Ashok Misra
c) ER Eswar
d) TSR Subramanian
20. India on 17 November 2015 signed a draft Memorandum of Understanding on passenger and cruise vessel movement with which country?
c) Sri Lanka
To stay updated download Examsbook andorid app now.