Current Affairs and Gk -november full month, 2013
Important current affairs and Gk questions of november month for IAS, RAS, SSC CGL, UPSC, BANK PO, UPSC,RPSC, Bank exams and all other exams.If you
like the post kindly give rating.
Useful for any competitive exam like IAS, bank PO, SSC CGL, RAS, CDS, UPSC exams and all state related exams.
1. Which of the following are the top three largest produced oilseeds in India?
Important current affairs and Gk questions of November month for IAS, RAS, SSC CGL, UPSC, BANK PO, UPSC,RPSC, November month current gk bites, november month current affairs download, november month gk download
[A]Groundnut, Soyabean and Mustard
[B]Soyabean, Groundnut and Mustard
[C]Soyabean, Mustard and Groundnut
[D]Mustard, Soyabean and Groundnut
2. According to World Prosperity Index 2013, which is the most prosperous country in the world?
Soyabean, Groundnut and Mustard.
3. Radha Burnier, who passed away recently, was related to which among the following organizations?
Norway is the most prosperous country in the world. Norway tops the ranking for fifth year running, followed by Switzerland, Canada, USA and New
Zealand. India ranked 106 in the index.
[D]International Society for Krishna Consciousness
4. Which of the following indigenous tribal groups are found Andaman Island?
Radha Burnier, International president of the Theosophical Society died recently. Burnier played a role in enriching the
philosophy behind Theosophy by making it relevant to present-day issues. She was actively involved with service-oriented organisations that deal with
education, animal welfare and environmental issues.
Chose the correct answer from the codes given below:
[A]Only 1 & 4
[B]Only 2, 3 & 4
[C]Only 1, 2 & 3
[D]1, 2, 3 & 4
5. Which of the following has become Europe’s first country to allow babies with characteristics of both sexes to be registered as neither male nor
Only 1, 2 & 3
6. The “Pobitora Wildlife Sanctuary” in Assam is famous for which one of the following species/animals?
Germany is the first country in Europe to legally recognise a third gender. Parents are now allowed to leave the gender blank on birth
certificates, in effect creating a new category of indeterminate sex. The move is aimed at removing pressure on parents to make quick decisions on sex
assignments surgery for newborns.
The Pobitaro Wildlife Sanctuary is famous for dense population of One-horn rhinos. The 38-sq km sanctuary, about 46 km far from
Guwahati, is the third wildlife habitat opened to visitors after Kaziranga and Manas being reopened last month.
7. Which country is host to the “Commonwealth Heads of Government Meet” 2013?
8. According to the All India survey on Higher Education, which of the following cities has highest number of colleges in the country?
Sri Lanka will host the “Commonwealth Heads of Government Meet” in November this year.
9. The Palamaner, a small town in Chittoor District of Andhra Pradesh is well known for its __?
According to the All India survey on Higher Education conducted by the Union Ministry for Human Resource Development, Bangalore district tops
in the number of colleges with 885, followed by Hyderabad with 544 colleges. Karnataka has 3,908 colleges with 44 colleges for one lakh people.
10. . In a first of its kind, which cereal crop has been selected for the “Geographic Information System (GIS)” to provide farmers all information
The terracotta art pottery is an art of the soil of Palamaner. One can see the terracotta items of Palamaner in any of the art
exhibition and handicraft emporiums in most of the cities of India.
about sowing and harvesting of the crops?
A mustard research body has launched Geographic Information System (GIS) for the commodity in the country to provide farmers all information
about sowing and harvesting of the crops. Mustard crop being the major oilseeds crop of India has been first selected for this purpose among the cereal
11. The “Rabaa sign” has recently become a symbol of protest against the military coup in __ ?
The “Rabaa sign” has become the symbol of protests against the military coup in Egypt and the center of the anti-coup protests, Rabaa al-Adawiya
Square.Made by raising four
fingers with thumb resting on the palm, the sign has come to represent civilian demonstrations protesting the ouster of Egypt’s first democratically elected
President Mohamed Morsi and the ensuing violence that killed hundreds of people.
12. Typhoon Haiyan, world’s strongest storm of the year 2013 recently hit which one of the
13. The Kurubas are an ancient forest tribe indigenous to the __?
The Haiyan, a category 5 strongest typhoon in the world this year and possibly the most powerful ever to hit land smashed into the
Philippines, forcing more than a million people to flee, flooding villages and raising fears of widespread causalities.
[A]Andaman and Nicobar islands
14. Which of the following countries has recently lost its voting rights at UNESCO?
Kurubas are an ancient forest tribe indigenous to the Western Ghats.
The United States has lost its voting rights at UNESCO after it missed a crucial deadline, two year after halting its due payments and protests the
decision to make Palestine a member. The loss of the vote means the US cannot participate in funding decision for the agency, which may be best known for its
program to protect the cultures f the world via its Heritage sites.
15. The “Chhath” is the most important Hindu festival of Bihar. It is the only Vedic festival dedicated to Hindu god ___?
Chhath is an ancient Hindu festival and only Vedic festival dedicated to the Hindu Sun god, Surya. The Chhath puja is performed in order to thank
Surya for sustaining life on earth and to request the granting of certain wishes. The rituals of the festival are rigorous and are observed over a period of
Read Next page by clicking page numbers below..
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10