Very important questions Geography GK for Bank PO , IBPS , Bank Clerical Exams, SBI,IAS, RAS, UPSC, SSC Tier-1 and all other exams
Very important questions Geography for Bank PO , IBPS , Bank Clerical Exams, SBI and all other exams,very Very important questions Geography genral knowledge,Very important questions Geography gk, Very important questions Geography Bank PO, SBI PO, IBPS
1. Who among the following was the first person to determine the Circumference of the Earth ?
[D]Ptolemy III Euergetes
Eratosthenes of Cyrene, 276 BC- 195 BC, was a Greek mathematician, geographer, poet, athlete, astronomer, and music theorist. He was the first person to use the word “geography” in Greek and he invented the discipline of geography as we understand it. He invented a system of latitude and longitude. He was the first person to calculate the circumference of the earth by using a measuring system using stades, or the length of stadiums during that time period (with remarkable accuracy).
2. Which of the following states is the only diamond producing state in India?
Madhya Pradesh is the only Diamond producing state and is leading producer of Copper conc., pyrophyllite and diaspore. State hosts country’s 68% diaspore, 41% molybdenum ore, 46% pyrophyllite, 32% diamond, 29% copper ore, 17% rock phosphate, 16% each of manganese ore and fireclay and 11% ochre resources.
3. The Bayyaram mines area, which was recently in news, is located in __?
4. River Luni (Lavanavari river) originates from which among the following ranges?
The Luni is a river of western Rajasthan state, India. It originates in the Pushkar valley of the Aravalli Range, near Ajmer and ends in the marshy lands of Rann of Kutch in Gujarat, after travelling a distance of 530 km. It is first known as Sagarmati, then after passing Govindgarh, it meets its tributary Sarsuti, which originates from Pushkar Lake, and from then on it gets its name Luni.It is also known as Lavanavari river. It means “Salt River” in Sanskrit, due high salinity of its water.Luni is the river that emerges from Naga hills of Annasagar (Ajmer) and flows Westward at Jodhpur, Barmer, Jalore and finally merges in Gulf of Kachchh.
5. Which one of the following islands is called as ‘rust belt’ of Japan ?
The Manufacturing Belt was called the Rust Belt in the latter decades of the 20th century because the word that describes the deterioration of iron into rust was an appropriate name to give to a region where the iron and steel and related industries were in great decline.
6. People of which among the following countries are also known as Magyars ?
Hungarians, also known as Magyars, are a nation and ethnic group who speak Hungarian and are primarily associated with Hungary.
7. Which among the following a line or surface drawn on a map or chart indicates connected points of equal salinity in the ocean?
Isohaline is a line or surface drawn on a map or chart to indicate connecting points of equal salinity in the ocean.
8. Which among the following mineral is a carbonate of calcium and magnesium?
Dolomite is a carbonate mineral composed of calcium magnesium carbonate. The term is also used to describe the sedimentary carbonate rock dolostone.Limestone that is partially replaced by dolomite is referred to as dolomitic limestone.
If you like share the post and kindly do comment.
You may visit to next page by clicking next page number.