English Practice Question and Answer
8 Q: Choose the correctly spelt word in the following.
2594 05e29242ac5c5a872457b8560
5e29242ac5c5a872457b8560- 1Jelousyfalse
- 2Coruptfalse
- 3Intrestfalse
- 4Miniaturetrue
- Show AnswerHide Answer
- Workspace
- SingleChoice
Answer : 4. "Miniature"
Q:In each of the following questions, sentences are given with blanks to be filled in with an appropriate word (s). Four alternatives are suggested for each question. Choose the correct alternative out of the four and indicate your choice for the correct answer.
We have noticed immense decline______ his moral.
2589 0602b52719f2a38430901e917
602b52719f2a38430901e917- 1withfalse
- 2upfalse
- 3tofalse
- 4intrue
- Show AnswerHide Answer
- Workspace
- SingleChoice
Answer : 4. "in"
Q:Direction: In the following questions, a passage given in the below. Read the passage carefully and choose the best answer to each question.
As my train was not due to leave for another hour, I had plenty of time to spare. After buying some magazines to read on the journey, I made my way to the luggage office to collect the heavy suitcase I had left there three days before. There were only a few people waiting, and I took out my wallet to find the receipt for my case. The receipt did not seem to be where I had left it. I emptied the contents of the wallet, and the railway tickets, money, scraps of paper, and photographs tumbled out of it; but no matter how hard I searched, the receipt was nowhere to be found.
I explained the situation sorrowfully to the assistant. The man looked at me suspiciously as if to say he had heared this type of story many times and asked me to describe the case. I told him that it was an old, brown looking object no different from the many suitcases I could see on the shelves. The assistant then gave me form and told me to make a list of the contents of the case. If they were correct, he said, I could take the case away. I tried to remember all the articles I had hurriedly packed and wrote them down.
After I had done this, I went to look among the shelves. There were hundreds of cases there and for one dreadful moment , it occurred to me that if someone had picked the receipt up , he could easily have claimed the case already , Fortunately this had not happened , for after a time , I found the case lying on its side high up in the corner . After examining the articles inside, the assistant gave me the case .
I took out my walled to pay him. I pulled out a ten-shilling note and out slipped my “lost” receipt with it! I could not help blushing . The assistant noded his head knowingly, as if to say that he had often seen this happen too!!
The writer felt foolish because
2589 05d95c08d31f48d43df25618a
5d95c08d31f48d43df25618a- 1he could not find his receiptfalse
- 2he hadn’t really lost his receipt at alltrue
- 3he had to fill in a formfalse
- 4the assistant eyed him suspiciouslyfalse
- Show AnswerHide Answer
- Workspace
- SingleChoice
Answer : 2. "he hadn’t really lost his receipt at all"
Q:Directions: Each sentence given below has two blanks. Each blank indicates that something has been omitted. Choose the word that best fits in the meaning of the sentence as a whole.
Digitisation will_______ a couple of billion dollars in pay revenues, bring more taxes choice and clean out black money_____ cable.
2585 05e3414245c5cbd20e5903d0b
5e3414245c5cbd20e5903d0b- 1realise, fromfalse
- 2replenish, offfalse
- 3release, fromtrue
- 4revive, withfalse
- 5supply, withfalse
- Show AnswerHide Answer
- Workspace
- SingleChoice
Answer : 3. "release, from "
Q:In the following question, a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect speech. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Indirect/Direct speech.
My brother said to me, "I was upset, but now I am fine."
2580 0601b4dc5552e5f41f7b36352
601b4dc5552e5f41f7b36352- 1My brother told me that he had been upset, but then he was fine.true
- 2My brother told me that he has been upset, but then he is fine.false
- 3My brother told me that he was upset, but now he was fine.false
- 4My brother told me that he had been upset, but then he will be fine.false
- Show AnswerHide Answer
- Workspace
- SingleChoice
Answer : 1. "My brother told me that he had been upset, but then he was fine."
Q:In each of the questions given below a/an idiom/phrase is given in bold which is then followed by five options which then tries to decipher its meaning as used in the sentence. Choose the option which gives the meaning of the phrase most appropriately in the context of the given sentence.
We missed our flight to Paris because the connecting flight was late and to add insult to injury they made us pay for a new ticket as if it was our fault!
2579 05d7728f555dae01e57548c48
5d7728f555dae01e57548c48- 1to be compensatedfalse
- 2to be reprimandedfalse
- 3to be praisedfalse
- 4to make a situation worsetrue
- 5to be ruinedfalse
- Show AnswerHide Answer
- Workspace
- SingleChoice
Answer : 4. "to make a situation worse"
Q:In these questions read each sentence to find out whether there is any error in it. If there is no error, the answer is (D).
The old lady swooned (A)/ but was soon (B)/ restored at the senses.(C)/ No error (D)
2578 05fbca9f2433ab9498d23e1ab
5fbca9f2433ab9498d23e1ab- 1Afalse
- 2Btrue
- 3Cfalse
- 4Dfalse
- Show AnswerHide Answer
- Workspace
- SingleChoice
Answer : 2. "B"
Q: Entering the hotel (A)/ he ordered for (B)/ a drink and a sumptuous dinner. (C)/ No error (D)
2576 05f3105a0bcbb69394d1d9943
5f3105a0bcbb69394d1d9943- 1Afalse
- 2Dfalse
- 3Btrue
- 4Cfalse
- Show AnswerHide Answer
- Workspace
- SingleChoice

