Recently Added Articles in Indian Geography
Most Popular Articles
Recently Added Questions in Indian Geography
Q: Gujarat is noted for the cultivation of 234 05b5cc7ece4d2b41977751c09
Answer : 1. "Cotton"
Answer: A) Cotton Explanation: Black soil coupled with favorable climatic conditions (Temperature of 21-320C and 30 -100 cm of rainfall) are responsible for cotton cultivation in Gujarat.
Q: The State which tops in the production of rubber is 203 05b5cc7ece4d2b41977751bf5
- 1Tamil NadufalseCorrectIncorrect
Answer : 3. "Kerala"
Answer: C) Kerala Explanation: A uniformly high temperature of 800F and the annual rainfall of 80 inches or more, required by rubber is available in Kerala.
Q: Which region in India is known as the "Rice Bowl of India"? 689 05b5cc7dfe4d2b41977751659
- 1Indo-Gangetic plainfalseCorrectIncorrect
- 2Krishna-Godavari Delta regiontrueCorrectIncorrect
- 3North-East regionfalseCorrectIncorrect
- 4Kerala and Tamil NadufalseCorrectIncorrect
Answer : 2. "Krishna-Godavari Delta region"
Answer: B) Krishna-Godavari Delta region Explanation: In India, the Krishna-Godavari Delta region is called as "Rice Bowl of India". Coming to the Indian State, Chhattisgarh is known as Rice Bowl of India.
Q: India is a Tropical country but has a Monsoonal climate because 180 05b5cc7d3e4d2b4197775134e
- 1Its real extent is vastfalseCorrectIncorrect
- 2It is surrounded by the seafalseCorrectIncorrect
- 3The Himalayas provide the barrier effecttrueCorrectIncorrect
- 4Land and sea breeze create monsoonsfalseCorrectIncorrect
Answer : 3. "The Himalayas provide the barrier effect"
Answer: C) The Himalayas provide the barrier effect Explanation: The whole of India, south of the Himalayas can be climatically treated as a tropical country as the Himalayas provide the barrier effect. Indian subcontinent is separated from the rest of Asia by the lofty Himalayan ranges which block the cold air masses moving southwards from Central Asia. As a result, during winters, the northern half of India is warmer by 3°C to 8°C than other areas located on same latitudes. During summer, due to over the head position of the sun, the climate in the southern parts resemble equatorial dry climate. The seasonal reversal of winds in Arabian Sea and Bay of Bengal give India a typical tropical monsoon climate. So Indian climate, to be precise, is Tropical monsoon type (a distinct wet and dry climate) rather than just a tropical or half temperate climate.
Q: When and by whom the PIN coode system was introduced in India ? 177 05b5cc728e4d2b4197774f705
- 1Savinder SinghfalseCorrectIncorrect
- 2Shriram Bhikaji VelankartrueCorrectIncorrect
- 3D.R. KhullarfalseCorrectIncorrect
- 4Mahesh BarnwalfalseCorrectIncorrect
Answer : 2. "Shriram Bhikaji Velankar"
Answer: B) Shriram Bhikaji Velankar Explanation: The PIN code system was introduced on 15 th August 1972 by Shriram Bhikaji Velankar. Currently India has six digit post code and soon it will be converted in eight digits.
Q: The chosen date for the observance of the Earth Hour 2017 is ? 167 05b5cc709e4d2b4197774f2c3
- 125th MarchtrueCorrectIncorrect
- 226th MarchfalseCorrectIncorrect
- 327th MarchfalseCorrectIncorrect
- 428th MarchfalseCorrectIncorrect
Answer : 1. "25th March"
Answer: A) 25th March Explanation: Earth Hour is a people's movement inspiring individuals from more than 7000 cities across the globe to take a stand against climate change, making it the largest voluntary movement ever witnessed in history.On 25 March 2017, Switch Off and Switch Onto Solar Energy