The action of thinking about something in a logical, sensible way. Examsbook uploads important exam-based reasoning questions to practice reasoning problems.
Reasoning questions are asked in SSC, Bank Exams, UPS Exams, RPSC Exams, Railways Exams, IAS, RAS and in approx all the Competitive exams.
Practice reasoning question with answers and keep in touch with latest uploaded reasoning questions.
Recently Added Articles in Reasoning
Most Popular Articles
Recently Added Questions in Reasoning
Q: Girdharilal has his wife Radha, 3 sons & 2 daughters in his family. One daughter is still unmarried & the other daughter has a son. Two sons have 2-2 children. Third son has 3 children. An old aunt & a son-in-law also are living with them. What is the total no. of members in Girdharilal’s family? 48 05be00d8db7bd8e12e9fcf49d
Answer : 1. "20"
Q: Left-handed persons suffer more frequently than do right-handed persons from certain immune disorders, such as allergies. Left-handers tend to have an advantage over the right-handed majority, however, on tasks controlled by the right hemisphere of the brain, and mathematical reasoning is strongly under the influence of the right hemisphere in most people. If the information above is true, it best supports which of the following hypotheses? 102 05be00a44b7bd8e12e9fcf497
- 1Most people who suffer from allergies or other such immune disorders are left-handed rather than right-handed.falseCorrectIncorrect
- 2Most left-handed mathematicians suffer from some kind of allergy.falseCorrectIncorrect
- 3There are proportionally more left-handers among people whose ability to reason mathematically is above average than there are among people with poor mathematical reasoning ability.trueCorrectIncorrect
- 4If a left-handed person suffers from an allergy, that person will probably be good at mathematics.falseCorrectIncorrect
- 5There are proportionally more people who suffer from immune disorders such as allergies than there are people who are left-handed or people whose mathematical reasoning ability is unusually good.falseCorrectIncorrect
Answer : 3. "There are proportionally more left-handers among people whose ability to reason mathematically is above average than there are among people with poor mathematical reasoning ability."
Q: It is unfortunate for a country, specially for the poor and women, that whenever any kind of disincentive – even of the mildest nature such as debarring a person with more than two children from contesting any local body election – is introduced to promote family planning, there are always some activists and organizations who unnecessarily oppose the measures without realizing that the voluntary family planning programmes area miserable flop as clearly highlighted by the national family health surveys. Which of the following if true would strengthen the author’s contention? 45 05be00902c1927812d6e1a034
- 1Percentage of rural women voluntarily seeking family planning services in government health centre facilities has drastically come down over the last decade.falseCorrectIncorrect
- 2One child policy on China, where employees with more than one child are discriminated against, has been very effective in controlling their population.trueCorrectIncorrect
- 3) Activists and organization which seem to advocate civil rights issues typically have their own vested interests and hidden agendas.falseCorrectIncorrect
- 4Punitive measures are the best deterrents for refraining people from committing deeds which adversely affect the society at largefalseCorrectIncorrect
- 5None of thesefalseCorrectIncorrect
Answer : 2. "One child policy on China, where employees with more than one child are discriminated against, has been very effective in controlling their population."
Q: Eating beets significantly lowers the risk of cancer, according to an article in a nutritional magazine. The article refers to a study that found that people who consumed one or more beets per day were half as likely to be diagnosed with the disease as people who did not. Which of the following, if true, most weakens the argument in the magazine article? 44 05be00712c1927812d6e1a02f
- 1Another study found that people who consumed one tablespoon of flax seed oil per day were more than four times less likely to be diagnosed with cancerfalseCorrectIncorrect
- 2Participants in the study reported consuming no vegetables other than beets.falseCorrectIncorrect
- 3In another experiment, cancer patients who ate one or more beets per day were no more likely to recover than those who ate no beets.falseCorrectIncorrect
- 4The participants in the study who ate beets were more likely to exercise regularly than those who did not eat beets.trueCorrectIncorrect
Answer : 4. "The participants in the study who ate beets were more likely to exercise regularly than those who did not eat beets."
Q: Insurance Company X is considering issuing a new policy to cover services required by elderly people who suffer from diseases that afflict the elderly. Premiums for the policy must be low enough to attract customers; therefore, Company X is concerned that the income from the policies would not be sufficient to pay for the claims that would be made. Which of the following strategies would be most likely to minimize Company X's losses on the policies? 14 05be00689c1927812d6e1a02a
- 1Attracting middle-aged customers unlikely to submit claims for benefits for many years.trueCorrectIncorrect
- 2Insuring only those individuals who did not suffer any serious diseases as children.falseCorrectIncorrect
- 3Including a greater number of services in the policy than are included in other policies of lower cost.falseCorrectIncorrect
- 4Insuring only those individuals who were rejected by other companies for similar policies.falseCorrectIncorrect
Answer : 1. "Attracting middle-aged customers unlikely to submit claims for benefits for many years."
Q: Direction : (7-12): Study the following information to answer the questions given below: In a specific code; ‘her idea has merit’ is written as ‘fo la bu na; merit list has been displayed’ is written as ‘jo ke la si na’ & ‘her name displayed there’ is written as ‘ya si bu zo’, name is merit list’ is written as ‘na ya go ke’. 59 05be00491b7bd8e12e9fcf487