English Practice Question and Answer

Q:

You speak so ________ that I can not understand properly.

2387 0

  • 1
    fast
    Correct
    Wrong
  • 2
    fastly
    Correct
    Wrong
  • 3
    slow
    Correct
    Wrong
  • 4
    nice
    Correct
    Wrong
  • Show AnswerHide Answer
  • Workspace

Answer : 1. "fast"

Q:

Direction: In the following questions out of the four alternatives, choose the one which best expresses the meaning of the given word as your answer.
SOLE 

2387 0

  • 1
    important
    Correct
    Wrong
  • 2
    immediate
    Correct
    Wrong
  • 3
    only
    Correct
    Wrong
  • 4
    principal
    Correct
    Wrong
  • Show AnswerHide Answer
  • Workspace

Answer : 3. "only "

Q:

Directions: In question four alternatives are given for the Idiom/Phrase underlined in the sentences. Choose the alternative which best expresses the meaning of the Idiom/Phrase and mark it is the Answer Sheet.

If he phones again, I am going to give him a piece of my mind.

2384 0

  • 1
    To be nice to him
    Correct
    Wrong
  • 2
    To take revenge on him
    Correct
    Wrong
  • 3
    To reprimand him
    Correct
    Wrong
  • 4
    To support him
    Correct
    Wrong
  • Show AnswerHide Answer
  • Workspace

Answer : 3. "To reprimand him"

Q: Verbatim 2382 0

  • 1
    a writing, which is never written before
    Correct
    Wrong
  • 2
    a writing word for word
    Correct
    Wrong
  • 3
    related to a war
    Correct
    Wrong
  • 4
    related to social projects
    Correct
    Wrong
  • Show AnswerHide Answer
  • Workspace

Answer : 2. "a writing word for word"
Explanation :

Verbatim means using the same words as in the original text, word for word.

Q:

I have no interest in politics. I must tell it frankly.


2381 0

  • 1
    I have no interest in politics to tell it frankly
    Correct
    Wrong
  • 2
    I must tell it frankly to no interest in politics
    Correct
    Wrong
  • 3
    To be frank, I have no interest in politics.
    Correct
    Wrong
  • 4
    I must tell it frankly to having no interest in politics.
    Correct
    Wrong
  • Show AnswerHide Answer
  • Workspace

Answer : 3. "To be frank, I have no interest in politics."

Q:

In the sentence identify the segment which contains the grammatical error.

The promoters of Med Hospitals has agreed to sell their business to Pal Hospitals.

2381 0

  • 1
    The promoters of
    Correct
    Wrong
  • 2
    to sell their business
    Correct
    Wrong
  • 3
    Med Hospitals has agreed
    Correct
    Wrong
  • 4
    to Pal Hospitals
    Correct
    Wrong
  • Show AnswerHide Answer
  • Workspace

Answer : 3. "Med Hospitals has agreed"

  • Show AnswerHide Answer
  • Workspace

Answer : 1. "totally"

      Report Error

    Please Enter Message
    Error Reported Successfully

      Report Error

    Please Enter Message
    Error Reported Successfully

      Report Error

    Please Enter Message
    Error Reported Successfully

      Report Error

    Please Enter Message
    Error Reported Successfully

      Report Error

    Please Enter Message
    Error Reported Successfully

      Report Error

    Please Enter Message
    Error Reported Successfully

      Report Error

    Please Enter Message
    Error Reported Successfully

      Report Error

    Please Enter Message
    Error Reported Successfully