English Practice Question and Answer
8 Q:Direction: In the question a sentence has been given in Active/Passive Voice. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expressed the same sentence in Passive/Active Voice and mark your answer in the Answer Sheet.
The doctor advised me to give up sweets.
2348 05ddfd108fa6ad97a02ac163e
5ddfd108fa6ad97a02ac163e- 1To me give up sweets was advised by doctor.false
- 2The doctor advised to give up sweets me.false
- 3I was advised by the doctor to give up sweets .true
- 4I was advised to give up eat sweets by the doctor.false
- Show AnswerHide Answer
- Workspace
- SingleChoice
Answer : 3. "I was advised by the doctor to give up sweets . "
Q: The students of that group have assured their project guide that they will all work against the clock.
2348 05f3d2b7f2c4c89546e1bc9af
5f3d2b7f2c4c89546e1bc9af- 1work with ensthusiasmfalse
- 2work hard to go against the timefalse
- 3work while keeping patiencefalse
- 4work with vigour to finish in limited timetrue
- Show AnswerHide Answer
- Workspace
- SingleChoice
Answer : 4. "work with vigour to finish in limited time "
Q: In the following questions, groups of four words are given. In each group, one word is correctly spelt. Find the correctly spelt word and mark your answer in the Answer-Sheet.
2346 05ebebdddb54ef762314bb6b0
5ebebdddb54ef762314bb6b0- 1RENDEZVUSfalse
- 2RENDEZVOUSEfalse
- 3RENDEZVOUStrue
- 4RENDEJVOUSfalse
- Show AnswerHide Answer
- Workspace
- SingleChoice
Answer : 3. "RENDEZVOUS"
Q:Direction: In the question a sentence has been given in Active/Passive Voice. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expressed the same sentence in Passive/Active Voice and mark your answer in the Answer Sheet.
Were all formalities completed by you?
2345 05f3e42fb54900c5349ddaad3
5f3e42fb54900c5349ddaad3- 1Have you completed all formalities?false
- 2Did you complete all formalities?true
- 3Will you complete all formalities?false
- 4Have you been completing all formalities?false
- Show AnswerHide Answer
- Workspace
- SingleChoice
Answer : 2. "Did you complete all formalities?"
Q:Direction: In the following questions, a passage given in the below. Read the passage carefully and choose the best answer to each question.
As my train was not due to leave for another hour, I had plenty of time to spare. After buying some magazines to read on the journey, I made my way to the luggage office to collect the heavy suitcase I had left there three days before. There were only a few people waiting, and I took out my wallet to find the receipt for my case. The receipt did not seem to be where I had left it. I emptied the contents of the wallet, and the railway tickets, money, scraps of paper, and photographs tumbled out of it; but no matter how hard I searched, the receipt was nowhere to be found.
I explained the situation sorrowfully to the assistant. The man looked at me suspiciously as if to say he had heared this type of story many times and asked me to describe the case. I told him that it was an old, brown looking object no different from the many suitcases I could see on the shelves. The assistant then gave me form and told me to make a list of the contents of the case. If they were correct, he said, I could take the case away. I tried to remember all the articles I had hurriedly packed and wrote them down.
After I had done this, I went to look among the shelves. There were hundreds of cases there and for one dreadful moment , it occurred to me that if someone had picked the receipt up , he could easily have claimed the case already , Fortunately this had not happened , for after a time , I found the case lying on its side high up in the corner . After examining the articles inside, the assistant gave me the case .
I took out my walled to pay him. I pulled out a ten-shilling note and out slipped my “lost” receipt with it! I could not help blushing . The assistant noded his head knowingly, as if to say that he had often seen this happen too!!
The writer found the receipt
2343 05d95c2a952f5a043c0725678
5d95c2a952f5a043c0725678- 1On the high self near the casesfalse
- 2Among the contents of his suitcasefalse
- 3nestled with the money in his suitcasetrue
- 4trapped between the photographs in his walletfalse
- Show AnswerHide Answer
- Workspace
- SingleChoice
Answer : 3. "nestled with the money in his suitcase"
Q:In the following question, some part of the sentence may have errors. Find out which part of the sentence has an error and select the appropriate option. If a sentence is free from error, select 'No Error'.
Due to the (1)/ snow the (2)/ marks was unrecognisable. (3)/ No error (4)
2343 05e7ad29550339c73666622e1
5e7ad29550339c73666622e1- 11false
- 22false
- 33true
- 44false
- Show AnswerHide Answer
- Workspace
- SingleChoice
Answer : 3. "3"
Q: Did they win the match?
2342 05e5fa8ed860fb849c8ea71cb
5e5fa8ed860fb849c8ea71cb- 1Was a great risk run by her?false
- 2Was the match won by them?true
- 3Were they won the match?false
- 4Was the match been won by them?false
- Show AnswerHide Answer
- Workspace
- SingleChoice
Answer : 2. "Was the match won by them? "
Q: Direction: Use the verbs given in brackets either in Active or Passive according to sense of the given sentence.
He…..at the airport yesterday. (see)
2338 05d7a2e199b43216ae13e7102
5d7a2e199b43216ae13e7102He…..at the airport yesterday. (see)
- 1have seenfalse
- 2is seenfalse
- 3was seentrue
- 4were seenfalse
- Show AnswerHide Answer
- Workspace
- SingleChoice

