English Practice Question and Answer

Q:

Direction: In the following questions, a passage given in the below. Read the passage carefully and choose the best answer to each question.

As my train was not due to leave for another hour, I had plenty of time to spare. After buying some magazines to read on the journey, I made my way to the luggage office to collect the heavy suitcase I had left there three days before. There were only a few people waiting, and I took out my wallet to find the receipt for my case. The receipt did not seem to be where I had left it. I emptied the contents of the wallet, and the railway tickets, money, scraps of paper, and photographs tumbled out of it; but no matter how hard I searched, the receipt was nowhere to be found.

I explained the situation sorrowfully to the assistant. The man looked at me suspiciously as if to say he had heared this type of story many times and asked me to describe the case. I told him that it was an old, brown looking object no different from the many suitcases I could see on the shelves. The assistant then gave me form and told me to make a list of the contents of the case. If they were correct, he said, I could take the case away. I tried to remember all the articles I had hurriedly packed and wrote them down.

After I had done this, I went to look among the shelves. There were hundreds of cases there and for one dreadful moment , it occurred to me that if someone had picked the receipt up , he could easily have  claimed the case already , Fortunately this had not happened , for after a time , I found the case lying on its side high up in the corner . After examining the articles inside, the assistant gave me the case . 

I took out my walled to pay him. I pulled out a ten-shilling note and out slipped my “lost” receipt with it! I could not help blushing . The assistant noded his head knowingly, as if to say that he had often seen this happen too!!

‘wrote them down’ mean

2329 0

  • 1
    copied them
    Correct
    Wrong
  • 2
    signed them
    Correct
    Wrong
  • 3
    made a note of them
    Correct
    Wrong
  • 4
    pointed at them
    Correct
    Wrong
  • Show AnswerHide Answer
  • Workspace

Answer : 3. "made a note of them"

  • Show AnswerHide Answer
  • Workspace

Answer : 4. "treasured"

  • Show AnswerHide Answer
  • Workspace

Answer : 3. "to"

Q:

Direction: Choose the correct alternative of the following sentences.
He said, “ I have passed the test.”

2325 0

  • 1
    He said that he passed the test
    Correct
    Wrong
  • 2
    He said that he has passed the test
    Correct
    Wrong
  • 3
    He said that he has been passed the test
    Correct
    Wrong
  • 4
    He said that he had been passed the test
    Correct
    Wrong
  • Show AnswerHide Answer
  • Workspace

Answer : 4. "He said that he had been passed the test"

Q:

Directions: In the question, a sentence has been given in Active / Passive Voice. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Passive / Active Voice and mark your answer in the Answer Sheet.

Can we rely on him?

2323 0

  • 1
    Can he be relied by us?
    Correct
    Wrong
  • 2
    Can we be relied on by him?
    Correct
    Wrong
  • 3
    Can he be relied on?
    Correct
    Wrong
  • 4
    Can we be relied by him?
    Correct
    Wrong
  • Show AnswerHide Answer
  • Workspace

Answer : 3. "Can he be relied on?"

Q:

In these questions read each sentence to find out whether there is any error in it. If there is no error, the answer is (D).

Unless you don’t obey (1)/ your elder you (2)/ will not succeed in your life. (3)/ No Error (4) 

2321 0

  • 1
    1
    Correct
    Wrong
  • 2
    2
    Correct
    Wrong
  • 3
    3
    Correct
    Wrong
  • 4
    4
    Correct
    Wrong
  • Show AnswerHide Answer
  • Workspace

Answer : 1. "1"

Q:

She is beautiful brave. 

2318 0

  • 1
    yet
    Correct
    Wrong
  • 2
    so
    Correct
    Wrong
  • 3
    but
    Correct
    Wrong
  • 4
    and
    Correct
    Wrong
  • Show AnswerHide Answer
  • Workspace

Answer : 4. "and "

Q:

Direction: In the following question, out of the four alternatives, choose the one which can be substituted for the given sentence.

A person who conducts a television show-

2318 0

  • 1
    Director
    Correct
    Wrong
  • 2
    Conductor
    Correct
    Wrong
  • 3
    Host
    Correct
    Wrong
  • 4
    Producer
    Correct
    Wrong
  • Show AnswerHide Answer
  • Workspace

Answer : 3. "Host"

      Report Error

    Please Enter Message
    Error Reported Successfully

      Report Error

    Please Enter Message
    Error Reported Successfully

      Report Error

    Please Enter Message
    Error Reported Successfully

      Report Error

    Please Enter Message
    Error Reported Successfully

      Report Error

    Please Enter Message
    Error Reported Successfully

      Report Error

    Please Enter Message
    Error Reported Successfully

      Report Error

    Please Enter Message
    Error Reported Successfully

      Report Error

    Please Enter Message
    Error Reported Successfully