English Practice Question and Answer
8 Q:Fill in the blanks by choosing an appropriate alternative.
Shyam plays …………………………. Piano.
2239 05e5f4cc273aced15337da762
5e5f4cc273aced15337da762- 1thetrue
- 2afalse
- 3anfalse
- 4Nonefalse
- Show AnswerHide Answer
- Workspace
- SingleChoice
Answer : 1. "the "
Q:In each of the following questions, sentences are given with blanks to be filled in with an appropriate word (s). Four alternatives are suggested for each question. Choose the correct alternative out of the four and indicate your choice for the correct answer.
He was delighted ………. his brother’s success.
2237 05dd502e7c2282c484e4953d3
5dd502e7c2282c484e4953d3- 1attrue
- 2infalse
- 3withfalse
- 4offalse
- Show AnswerHide Answer
- Workspace
- SingleChoice
Answer : 1. "at"
Q:In these questions read each sentence to find out whether there is any error in it. If there is no error, the answer is (D).
In his book (A)/ Churchill describes (B)/ that historical first meeting with Roosevelt. (C)/ No error (D)
2237 0611b81fd6d0fd147810ff5c0
611b81fd6d0fd147810ff5c0- 1Afalse
- 2Bfalse
- 3Ctrue
- 4Dfalse
- Show AnswerHide Answer
- Workspace
- SingleChoice
Answer : 3. "C"
Q:Direction: In the following questions, a passage given in the below. Read the passage carefully and choose the best answer to each question.
As my train was not due to leave for another hour, I had plenty of time to spare. After buying some magazines to read on the journey, I made my way to the luggage office to collect the heavy suitcase I had left there three days before. There were only a few people waiting, and I took out my wallet to find the receipt for my case. The receipt did not seem to be where I had left it. I emptied the contents of the wallet, and the railway tickets, money, scraps of paper, and photographs tumbled out of it; but no matter how hard I searched, the receipt was nowhere to be found.
I explained the situation sorrowfully to the assistant. The man looked at me suspiciously as if to say he had heared this type of story many times and asked me to describe the case. I told him that it was an old, brown looking object no different from the many suitcases I could see on the shelves. The assistant then gave me form and told me to make a list of the contents of the case. If they were correct, he said, I could take the case away. I tried to remember all the articles I had hurriedly packed and wrote them down.
After I had done this, I went to look among the shelves. There were hundreds of cases there and for one dreadful moment , it occurred to me that if someone had picked the receipt up , he could easily have claimed the case already , Fortunately this had not happened , for after a time , I found the case lying on its side high up in the corner . After examining the articles inside, the assistant gave me the case .
I took out my walled to pay him. I pulled out a ten-shilling note and out slipped my “lost” receipt with it! I could not help blushing . The assistant noded his head knowingly, as if to say that he had often seen this happen too!!
The writer needed the receipt
2237 05d95bfcd31f48d43df255495
5d95bfcd31f48d43df255495- 1To claim his suitcasetrue
- 2To pay at the luggage officefalse
- 3To prove that he had paid at the luggage officefalse
- 4To prove that he had bought the suitcasefalse
- Show AnswerHide Answer
- Workspace
- SingleChoice
Answer : 1. "To claim his suitcase"
Q: Directions (79): In questions given below, out of the four alternatives, choose the one which can be substituted for the given words/ sentence.
One who presents a radio programme
2236 05d75f2418d02287c4c8aa78b
5d75f2418d02287c4c8aa78bOne who presents a radio programme
- 1Invigilatorfalse
- 2Jurisprudencefalse
- 3Lexicographerfalse
- 4Radio Jockeytrue
- Show AnswerHide Answer
- Workspace
- SingleChoice
Answer : 4. "Radio Jockey"
Q: In the following passage some of the words have been left out. First read the passage over and try to understand what is about. Then fill in the blanks with the help of the alternative given. Mark your answer in the Answer sheet.
Mass communication is the delivery of _____ (1) _____, ideas and entertainment to thousands or million of _____. (2) _____ simultaneously, it is a force with incalculable _____ (3) _____ on today's world. The _____ (4) _____ of mass communication rest _____ (5) _____ the skills of the communicator to _____ (6) _____ the recipient's thinking _____ (7) _____ stir emotions , to _____ (8) _____ him or her to _____ (9) _____ Mass communication is the one - to - one impact of one human intelligence upon _____ (10) _____, carried on thousand fold simultaneously among individuals who have no direct personal contact.
Fill in the blank at (8)?
2236 05e946242b691736639f5fb3c
5e946242b691736639f5fb3c- 1encouragetrue
- 2persuadefalse
- 3discouragefalse
- 4endangerfalse
- Show AnswerHide Answer
- Workspace
- SingleChoice
Answer : 1. "encourage "
Q: Given below are six sentences, out of which sentences A and F are in the correct position. Sentences B, C, D and E are in a jumbled order. Select the option that gives the correct order.
A. A young Brahmin came forward and bowed to the king.
B. He gripped the bow and looked at the princess with a smile.
C. His arms were powerful and did not seem to belong to a Brahmin.
D. He was tall, dark with broad shoulders.
E. They were certainly those of a warrior.
F. Then he strung the bow evoking a thunderous applause from the crowd.
2230 0611e1c43781e525ece6366bd
611e1c43781e525ece6366bdA. A young Brahmin came forward and bowed to the king.
B. He gripped the bow and looked at the princess with a smile.
C. His arms were powerful and did not seem to belong to a Brahmin.
D. He was tall, dark with broad shoulders.
E. They were certainly those of a warrior.
F. Then he strung the bow evoking a thunderous applause from the crowd.
- 1ADCEBFtrue
- 2ABECDFfalse
- 3ACBDEFfalse
- 4AECDBfalse
- Show AnswerHide Answer
- Workspace
- SingleChoice
Answer : 1. "ADCEBF"
Q:In these questions read each sentence to find out whether there is any error in it. If there is no error, the answer is (D).
Me and my wife (A) / were at home (B) / last night. (C) / No Error (D)
2230 060f7eafb3ca0726dff3535f4
60f7eafb3ca0726dff3535f4- 1Atrue
- 2Bfalse
- 3Cfalse
- 4Dfalse
- Show AnswerHide Answer
- Workspace
- SingleChoice

