English Practice Question and Answer

Q:

Direction: In the following questions, out of the four alternatives, choose the one which best expresses the meaning of the given word as your answer.

Scintillating

1987 0

  • 1
    Still
    Correct
    Wrong
  • 2
    Sparkling
    Correct
    Wrong
  • 3
    Flat
    Correct
    Wrong
  • 4
    Fizzy
    Correct
    Wrong
  • Show AnswerHide Answer
  • Workspace

Answer : 2. "Sparkling"

Q:

Fill the suitable word in the blank given in the following sentences – 

The news ………………………………true. 

1986 0

  • 1
    is
    Correct
    Wrong
  • 2
    were
    Correct
    Wrong
  • 3
    are
    Correct
    Wrong
  • 4
    will
    Correct
    Wrong
  • Show AnswerHide Answer
  • Workspace

Answer : 1. "is "

Q:

In the question a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Indirect/Direct and mark your answer in the Answer Sheet.

She said to me, “ It has been raining heavily and you cannot go”.

1986 0

  • 1
    She told me that it had been raining heavily and I could not go.
    Correct
    Wrong
  • 2
    She told me that it was raining heavily and I could not go.
    Correct
    Wrong
  • 3
    She told me that it has been raining heavily and I could not go.
    Correct
    Wrong
  • 4
    She told me that it is raining heavily and I could not go.
    Correct
    Wrong
  • Show AnswerHide Answer
  • Workspace

Answer : 1. "She told me that it had been raining heavily and I could not go."

  • Show AnswerHide Answer
  • Workspace

Answer : 3. "3"

Q:

Identify the tense in the following sentence; I ate three apples on last Wednesday. 

1985 0

  • 1
    Past Perfect
    Correct
    Wrong
  • 2
    Present Perfect
    Correct
    Wrong
  • 3
    Past Continuous
    Correct
    Wrong
  • 4
    Simple Past
    Correct
    Wrong
  • Show AnswerHide Answer
  • Workspace

Answer : 4. "Simple Past"

Q:

Directions : In these questions , a part of the sentence is given in bold . Below are given alternatives to the bold part at (A) , (B) and (C) which may improve the sentence . Choose the correct alternative . In case no improvement is needed you answer is (D ) .

I prefer rest than to party.

1983 0

  • 1
    resting to partying
    Correct
    Wrong
  • 2
    rest to party
    Correct
    Wrong
  • 3
    resting than partying
    Correct
    Wrong
  • 4
    No improvement
    Correct
    Wrong
  • Show AnswerHide Answer
  • Workspace

Answer : 2. "rest to party"

Q:

Identify the segment in the sentence which contains the grammatical error.

 I wondered why both the wife of Lord Easton had left him.

1983 0

  • 1
    of Lord Easton
    Correct
    Wrong
  • 2
    had left him
    Correct
    Wrong
  • 3
    I wondered why
    Correct
    Wrong
  • 4
    both the wife
    Correct
    Wrong
  • Show AnswerHide Answer
  • Workspace

Answer : 4. "both the wife"

      Report Error

    Please Enter Message
    Error Reported Successfully

      Report Error

    Please Enter Message
    Error Reported Successfully

      Report Error

    Please Enter Message
    Error Reported Successfully

      Report Error

    Please Enter Message
    Error Reported Successfully

      Report Error

    Please Enter Message
    Error Reported Successfully

      Report Error

    Please Enter Message
    Error Reported Successfully

      Report Error

    Please Enter Message
    Error Reported Successfully

      Report Error

    Please Enter Message
    Error Reported Successfully