English Practice Question and Answer

Q:

Select the most appropriate synonym of the given word.
RAPT

1611 0

  • 1
    absorbed
    Correct
    Wrong
  • 2
    upset
    Correct
    Wrong
  • 3
    unhappy
    Correct
    Wrong
  • 4
    troubled
    Correct
    Wrong
  • Show AnswerHide Answer
  • Workspace

Answer : 1. "absorbed"

Q:

Select the most appropriate option to fill in the blank.
 It is very difficult for her to ___________.

1610 0

  • 1
    keep a secret
    Correct
    Wrong
  • 2
    touch a secret
    Correct
    Wrong
  • 3
    make a secret
    Correct
    Wrong
  • 4
    cry a secret
    Correct
    Wrong
  • Show AnswerHide Answer
  • Workspace

Answer : 1. "keep a secret"
Explanation :

The sentence would then read: "It is very difficult for her to keep a secret." This implies that the person finds it challenging to maintain confidentiality or not disclose information.


Q:

In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the alternative which is the best substitute of the phrase.

Kiling of birds

1610 0

  • 1
    Vulpicide
    Correct
    Wrong
  • 2
    Matricide
    Correct
    Wrong
  • 3
    Herbicide
    Correct
    Wrong
  • 4
    Avicide
    Correct
    Wrong
  • Show AnswerHide Answer
  • Workspace

Answer : 4. "Avicide"

Q:

In the following question, a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect speech. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Indirect/Direct speech.

I said to my father, "I want to build a raft which can hold four people ."

1609 0

  • 1
    I told my father that that I am wanting to build a raft which could hold four people.
    Correct
    Wrong
  • 2
    I told my father that I wanted to build a raft which could hold four people.
    Correct
    Wrong
  • 3
    I told my father that I am wanting to build a raft which could hold four people.
    Correct
    Wrong
  • 4
    I told my father that that I wanted to build a raft which could hold four people.
    Correct
    Wrong
  • Show AnswerHide Answer
  • Workspace

Answer : 2. "I told my father that I wanted to build a raft which could hold four people."

Q:

In the following question, four alternatives are given for the idiom/phrase. Choose the alternative which best expresses the meaning of the idiom/phrase and mark it in the Answer-Sheet.
To be above board 

1609 0

  • 1
    To have a good height
    Correct
    Wrong
  • 2
    To be honest in any business deal
    Correct
    Wrong
  • 3
    To have no debts
    Correct
    Wrong
  • 4
    To try to be beautiful
    Correct
    Wrong
  • Show AnswerHide Answer
  • Workspace

Answer : 2. "To be honest in any business deal "

Q:

In the following question, four alternatives are given for the idiom/phrase. Choose the alternative which best expresses the meaning of the idiom/phrase and mark it in the Answer-Sheet.
A man of straw

1609 0

  • 1
    A worthy fellow
    Correct
    Wrong
  • 2
    An unreasonable person
    Correct
    Wrong
  • 3
    A man of no substance
    Correct
    Wrong
  • 4
    A very active person
    Correct
    Wrong
  • Show AnswerHide Answer
  • Workspace

Answer : 3. "A man of no substance "

  • Show AnswerHide Answer
  • Workspace

Answer : 4. "Appreciated"

Q:

Select the option that expresses the given sentence in active voice.

The canons are being fired continuously by them.

1609 0

  • 1
     They fired canons continuously.
    Correct
    Wrong
  • 2
     They are firing the canons continuously.
    Correct
    Wrong
  • 3
    They have fired the canons continuously.
    Correct
    Wrong
  • 4
    The canons fire continuously
    Correct
    Wrong
  • Show AnswerHide Answer
  • Workspace

Answer : 2. " They are firing the canons continuously."

      Report Error

    Please Enter Message
    Error Reported Successfully

      Report Error

    Please Enter Message
    Error Reported Successfully

      Report Error

    Please Enter Message
    Error Reported Successfully

      Report Error

    Please Enter Message
    Error Reported Successfully

      Report Error

    Please Enter Message
    Error Reported Successfully

      Report Error

    Please Enter Message
    Error Reported Successfully

      Report Error

    Please Enter Message
    Error Reported Successfully

      Report Error

    Please Enter Message
    Error Reported Successfully