English Practice Question and Answer

Q:

Direction: In the following questions, out of the four alternatives, choose the one which best expresses the meaning of the given word as your answer.

Divisive

1598 0

  • 1
    Agreeing
    Correct
    Wrong
  • 2
    Conflicting
    Correct
    Wrong
  • 3
    Cooperating
    Correct
    Wrong
  • 4
    Unifying
    Correct
    Wrong
  • Show AnswerHide Answer
  • Workspace

Answer : 2. "Conflicting"

  • Show AnswerHide Answer
  • Workspace

Answer : 4. "theory"

Q:

Directions : In these questions , a part of the sentence is given in bold . Below are given alternatives to the bold part at (A) , (B) and (C) which may improve the sentence . Choose the correct alternative . In case no improvement is needed you answer is (D ) .

He did not know the answer and I did not neither,

1597 0

  • 1
    either did I
    Correct
    Wrong
  • 2
    neither did I
    Correct
    Wrong
  • 3
    neither have I
    Correct
    Wrong
  • 4
    No improvement
    Correct
    Wrong
  • Show AnswerHide Answer
  • Workspace

Answer : 2. "neither did I"

Q:

In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the alternative which is the best substitute of the phrase.

Causing a burning sensation like that of hot liquid on the skin

1597 0

  • 1
    piping
    Correct
    Wrong
  • 2
    igneous
    Correct
    Wrong
  • 3
    sizzling
    Correct
    Wrong
  • 4
    scalding
    Correct
    Wrong
  • Show AnswerHide Answer
  • Workspace

Answer : 4. "scalding"

      Report Error

    Please Enter Message
    Error Reported Successfully

      Report Error

    Please Enter Message
    Error Reported Successfully

      Report Error

    Please Enter Message
    Error Reported Successfully

      Report Error

    Please Enter Message
    Error Reported Successfully

      Report Error

    Please Enter Message
    Error Reported Successfully

      Report Error

    Please Enter Message
    Error Reported Successfully

      Report Error

    Please Enter Message
    Error Reported Successfully

      Report Error

    Please Enter Message
    Error Reported Successfully