English Practice Question and Answer

Q:

In the following questions, same of the error and some have none. Find out which part of a sentence has an error and mark your answer.

The five team members (A)/ shared the prize money (B)/ between themselves. (C)/ No error (D)

2885 0

  • 1
    A
    Correct
    Wrong
  • 2
    B
    Correct
    Wrong
  • 3
    C
    Correct
    Wrong
  • 4
    D
    Correct
    Wrong
  • Show AnswerHide Answer
  • Workspace

Answer : 3. "C"

Q:

Direction: In the question a sentence has been given in Active/Passive Voice. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expressed the same sentence in Passive/Active Voice and mark your answer in the Answer Sheet.

We have decided to open a new branch. 

2873 0

  • 1
    To open a new branch was decided by us.
    Correct
    Wrong
  • 2
    To be opened a new branch has been decided.
    Correct
    Wrong
  • 3
    It has been decided to open a new branch.
    Correct
    Wrong
  • 4
    It may be decided to open a new branch by us.
    Correct
    Wrong
  • Show AnswerHide Answer
  • Workspace

Answer : 3. "It has been decided to open a new branch. "

Q:

Direction: In the following question, out of the four alternatives, choose the one which can be substituted for the given sentence.

Belief that war and violence are unjustified-

2872 0

  • 1
    Neutralisation
    Correct
    Wrong
  • 2
    Pessimism
    Correct
    Wrong
  • 3
    Naturalisation
    Correct
    Wrong
  • 4
    Pacifism
    Correct
    Wrong
  • Show AnswerHide Answer
  • Workspace

Answer : 4. "Pacifism"

  • Show AnswerHide Answer
  • Workspace

Answer : 1. "presently "

Q:

Direction: In the question a sentence has been given in Active/Passive Voice. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expressed the same sentence in Passive/Active Voice and mark your answer in the Answer Sheet.

I regret the way I treated you.

2871 0

  • 1
    I regret the way I am treating you.
    Correct
    Wrong
  • 2
    I regret the way you were treated by me.
    Correct
    Wrong
  • 3
    I regret the way you treated me.
    Correct
    Wrong
  • 4
    I regret the way you were being treated by me.
    Correct
    Wrong
  • Show AnswerHide Answer
  • Workspace

Answer : 2. "I regret the way you were treated by me."

Q:

In the question a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Indirect/Direct and mark your answer in the Answer Sheet.

My father once said to me, “If I can't trust my people, then I don't want to be doing this." 

2862 0

  • 1
    His father once told him that if he couldn't trust his people then he didn't want to be doing this.
    Correct
    Wrong
  • 2
    My father once told me that if he couldn't trust his people then he didn't want to be doing that.
    Correct
    Wrong
  • 3
    My father told him that if he couldn't trust my people then he didn't want to be doing that.
    Correct
    Wrong
  • 4
    My father once told me that if he couldn't trust his people then he didn't want to be doing this.
    Correct
    Wrong
  • Show AnswerHide Answer
  • Workspace

Answer : 2. "My father once told me that if he couldn't trust his people then he didn't want to be doing that."

      Report Error

    Please Enter Message
    Error Reported Successfully

      Report Error

    Please Enter Message
    Error Reported Successfully

      Report Error

    Please Enter Message
    Error Reported Successfully

      Report Error

    Please Enter Message
    Error Reported Successfully

      Report Error

    Please Enter Message
    Error Reported Successfully

      Report Error

    Please Enter Message
    Error Reported Successfully

      Report Error

    Please Enter Message
    Error Reported Successfully

      Report Error

    Please Enter Message
    Error Reported Successfully