Maths Practice Question and Answer
8 Q:Directions: In each of these questions, two equations (i) and (ii) are given, you have to solve both the equations and give answer accordingly.
(i) 3x² + 11x + 10 = 0
(ii) 2y² + 11y + 14 = 0
1196 064d5cec3bd50dd8e2e15c472
64d5cec3bd50dd8e2e15c472(ii) 2y² + 11y + 14 = 0
- 1x ≥ ytrue
- 2x ≤ yfalse
- 3x > yfalse
- 4x < yfalse
- 5x = y or no relation can be established between x & y.false
- Show AnswerHide Answer
- Workspace
- SingleChoice
Answer : 1. "x ≥ y"
Q: LCM of two numbers is 56 times their HCF, with the sum of their HCF and LCM being 1710. If one of the two numbers is 240, then what is the other number?
1195 0646ca3ed45f1450a80e46bc9
646ca3ed45f1450a80e46bc9- 11680false
- 2171false
- 3210true
- 457false
- Show AnswerHide Answer
- Workspace
- SingleChoice
Answer : 3. "210"
Q:Directions: A survery of film watching habits of people living in five cities P, Q, R, S and T is summarised below in a table. The coulmn I in the table gives percentage of film-watchers in each city who see only one film a week. The column II gives the total number of film-watchers who see two or more films per week.
Read the table and answer the following questions.

How many film-watchers in city R see only one film in a week ?
1194 0632db529751e5310a5d0ffa1
632db529751e5310a5d0ffa1
- 124850false
- 236000false
- 3136000true
- 4160000false
- Show AnswerHide Answer
- Workspace
- SingleChoice
Answer : 3. "136000 "
Q: What is the L.C. M of $$ {2\over 5},{3\over 10},{4\over 15}$$.
1194 0602cc7819f2a38430905cdb8
602cc7819f2a38430905cdb8- 1$$ {12\over 15}$$false
- 2$$ {1\over 30}$$false
- 3$$ {12\over 5}$$true
- 4None of thesefalse
- Show AnswerHide Answer
- Workspace
- SingleChoice
Answer : 3. "$$ {12\over 5}$$"
Q:Directions: Read the pie chart carefully and answer the following questions.

Note: No new employees joined the given banks of left the given banks from January 2015 to December 2015.
In January 2015, the number of male Scale I Officers in Bank B was three times the number of female Scale I Officers in the same bank. If in Bank D, the number of female Scale I Officers was the same as that in bank B; what was the number of male Scale I Officers in Bank D?
1193 064f1de3f4687b15f94a91cd4
64f1de3f4687b15f94a91cd4
- 180false
- 278false
- 382false
- 484true
- 576false
- Show AnswerHide Answer
- Workspace
- SingleChoice
Answer : 4. "84"
Q: Simplify the following expression.
12 + 2.5 + (1.5 of 4) - 2.6
1192 0643d146c5e6b046f1b03745c
643d146c5e6b046f1b03745c12 + 2.5 + (1.5 of 4) - 2.6
- 117.9true
- 218.9false
- 318.1false
- 417.1false
- Show AnswerHide Answer
- Workspace
- SingleChoice
Answer : 1. "17.9"
Q:Direction: Each of the questions consists of a question and two statements numbered I and II given below it. You have to decide whether the data provide in the statements are sufficient to answer the question. Read both the statements and Give answer.
(A) If the data in statement I alone are sufficient to answer the question, while the data in statement II alone not sufficient to answer the question;
(B) If the data in statement II alone are sufficient to answer the question, while the data in statement I all are not sufficient to answer the question;
(C) If the data either in statement I alone or in statement II alone are sufficient to answer the question;
(D) If the data even in both statements I and II together are not sufficient to answer the question;
(E) If the data in both statements I and II together are necessary to answer the question.
What is the ratio between number of black and white balls in a box?
I. Number of black ball is 5 more than the number of white ball.
II. Number of white ball is 80% of the number of black balls.
1192 05e9e7269069c450d7c6e38c3
5e9e7269069c450d7c6e38c3(A) If the data in statement I alone are sufficient to answer the question, while the data in statement II alone not sufficient to answer the question;
(B) If the data in statement II alone are sufficient to answer the question, while the data in statement I all are not sufficient to answer the question;
(C) If the data either in statement I alone or in statement II alone are sufficient to answer the question;
(D) If the data even in both statements I and II together are not sufficient to answer the question;
(E) If the data in both statements I and II together are necessary to answer the question.
I. Number of black ball is 5 more than the number of white ball.
II. Number of white ball is 80% of the number of black balls.
- 1Afalse
- 2Btrue
- 3Cfalse
- 4Dfalse
- 5Efalse
- Show AnswerHide Answer
- Workspace
- SingleChoice
Answer : 2. "B"
Q:In the given question, two equations numbered l and II are given. Solve both the equations and mark the appropriate answer.
I. x2 + 19x + 90 = 0
II. y2+ 13y + 36 = 0
1192 064e75768de1aa1b70fdefb8f
64e75768de1aa1b70fdefb8f- 1x > yfalse
- 2x < yfalse
- 3x ≥ yfalse
- 4x ≤ ytrue
- 5x = y or relationship between x and y cannot be established.false
- Show AnswerHide Answer
- Workspace
- SingleChoice

