The Act that is also known as ‘Morley-Minto Reforms’ is:5
The Act that is also known as ‘Morley-Minto Reforms’ is:
- 1Government of India Act, 1935false
- 2Indian Councils Act, 1909true
- 3Rowlatt Act, 1919false
- 4Government of India Act, 1912false
- Show AnswerHide Answer
Answer : 2. "Indian Councils Act, 1909"
1. India Council Act in 1909 which is also known as 'Morley-Minto Reforms'.
2. For the first time, Indians got representation in the Executive Council of the Governor General and limited rights were also given to the members of the Central and Legislative Councils.
3. The following are the main provisions of this Act.
- The number of Indians in the Governor General's Executive Council was increased.
- The number of elected seats for Indians in the Central Legislative Council was increased.
- The number of elected seats for Indians in the provincial legislative councils was increased.
- Provincial Legislative Councils were given the right to debate the budget and ask supplementary questions.