Which of the following is a dance form from the state of Uttarakhand?5
Which of the following is a dance form from the state of Uttarakhand?
- Show AnswerHide Answer
Answer : 2. "Choliya"
1. Chholiya dance is a sword dance, meant to depict the martial arts traditions of the Kumaoni tribe.
2. This dance form is over a thousand years old, and is performed during local Rajput weddings.
3. There are four folk dances of Uttarakhand state.
- Chholiya: It is a sword dance that portrays the martial arts traditions of the Kumaoni tribe.
- Jhoda: It is a circular dance which is popular in both Garhwal and Kumaon regions.
- Tandi: It is a fast-paced dance which is popular in the Garhwal region.
- Langveer: It is a dance that depicts the stories of heroic warriors.