Which of the following is constituted under Article 280 of the Constitution of India?5
Which of the following is constituted under Article 280 of the Constitution of India?
- 1Advocate Generalfalse
- 2Central Vigilance Commissionfalse
- 3Finance Commissiontrue
- 4National Commission for Womenfalse
- Show AnswerHide Answer
Answer : 3. "Finance Commission"
1. Under Article 280 of the Constitution of India, the President is required to constitute a Finance Commission at the end of every five years or at such earlier time as the President considers necessary.
2. The Finance Commission is a 'constitutional body' constituted by the President of India.
3. Who gives his advice to the President on the states' share in the taxes of the Centre?
4. K.C. Niyogi was the first Chairman of the Finance Commission.