Very important current Gk questions for SSC CGL-13 feb Series #5
Important gk questions and answers, important current Gk questions, ssc questions, ssc important questions, forest department gk questions, General knowledge questions and answers.
Very important current Gk questions for SSC CGL-13
[warning]Please post your reviews and comments. [/warning]
1) Which of the following country’s head has been declared to be the chief guest at the Republic Day parade for the year 2013?
2) The International Olympics Committee (IOC) has asked to return the Olympic Bronze Medal and Certificate of 2000 Sydney Games to which among the following all time popular Cyclist?
1. Miguel Indurain
2. Bradely Wiggins
3. Lance Armstrong
4. Tyler Hamilton
3) Recently, thirty one Black Bucks were killed by the stray dogs in the enclosure of which of the following Zoo?
4) Which of the following Telecom Service Provider launched its video telephony service in Delhi and Mumbai, the first by any service provider?
6) In which of the following regions the Supreme Court of India has banned the tourists to pass through an area which is Jarawas habitat?
4. Andaman and Nicobar Islands
7) Which is the world’s number two arms exporter?
8) Recently, a tunnel named Ghat Ki Guni was inaugurated by the Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Chairperson of United Progressive Alliance Sonia Gandhi in:
2. Jammu and Kashmir
9) Recently, the Indian Navy has commissioned its largest shore patrol vessel for the maritime surveillance around Andaman and Nicobar Islands. Name it:
1. INS Jatayu
2. INS Divydrishti
3. INS Saryu
4. INS Radar
10) Which among the following States has been awarded the Krishi Karman Award for 2011-12 for best performance under total foodgrain category 1 (States with production over 10 million tonne)?
3. Uttar Pradesh
4. Madhya Pradesh
11) Which among the following Courts has passed orders banning sale of packaged food items especially “junk food” in non-biodegradable polythene that would come into effect from April 1,2013?
1. Delhi High Court
2. Himachal Pradesh High Court
3. Maharashtra High Court
4. Uttarakhand High Court
12) Who is the present head of the International Committee of the Red Cross, recently has arrived in Myanmar, as the first-ever visit to the nation by an ICRC president?
1. Peter Maurer
2. Jakob Kellenberger
3. Alexandre Hay
4. Cornelio Sommaruga
13) Who has recently been presented Department of Atomic Energy (DAE)’s lifetime achievement award 2011 by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh?
1. S. Sridhar
2. R.B. Grover
3. Ramgopal Rao
4. M. Muthukrishnan
14) Which among the following countries is the biggest cooking oil consumer in the world?
15) The Parliamentary Standing Committee on Food and Consumer Affairs has suggested that food entitlements under the National Food Security Act be made available to 67 per cent of the population, leaving out the 33 per cent who pay taxes, have a ‘pucca’ house and so on. The committee is headed by:
1. Kapil Chopra
2. Vilas Muttemwar
3. K. Srinivasan
4. B. Suresh Lal
16) The implementation of General Anti Avoidance Rules (GAAR) will now come into force from:
1. January 1, 2016
2. April 1, 2015
3. January 1, 2015
4. April 1, 2016
17) The Supreme Court has banned all commercial and tourism activities within a five-km radius of the Jarawa Tribal Reserve in:
2. Andaman and Nicobar
4. Madhya Pradesh
18) In which of the following Indian states President Rule was imposed recently?
2. Himachal Pradesh
19) “Our Lady of Alice Bhatti” is a book, has been shortlisted for the 2013 DSC Prize for South Asian literature. Name the writer:
1. Mohammad Hanif
2. Nadeem Aslam
3. Fahmida Riaz
4. Jamil Ahmad
20) Who among the following social activists has been honoured with the Basava Krishi Award 2013 in Karnataka?
1. Anna Hazare
2. Rajendra Singh
3. Kiran Bedi
4. Medha Patkar
20) Which of the following feature film has bagged the award for the Best Film at 58th Film Fare Awards?
2. Jab Tak Hai Jaan
4. Gangs of Wasseypur
To stay updated download Examsbook andorid app now.