Ans . Parmenides
2) In 1729 AD, Pieter Van Musschenbroek used the term ‘PHYSICS’ for the first time. What was the subject called so far?
3) Which Greek philosopher suggested that the material world was composed of four basic elements – air, water, fire and earth?
4) Who in 1231 was the first to describe the science of optics?
5) Who was burnt to death for suggesting that the sun might be an ordinary star?
6) Who in 1643 was the first person to create vacuum above the liquid?
7) Who in 1786 invented the gold leaf electroscope?
8) Who encouraged Newton to write his idea for Principia?
9) Who in 1808 discovered polarization of light and introduced the term ‘Polarization’?
10) The first scientist to apply scientific reasoning to cosmology was Rene Descartes. What was his theory called?
If you have any problem or doubt regarding Physics Questions and Answers for Competitive Exams, you can ask me in the comment section. To more practice for Physics General Knowledge Questions, Visit next page.