1. The 23.5 degree parallel of latitude in the Southern Hemisphere represents the Tropic of Capricorn.
2. The Tropic of Capricorn (or southern tropic) is the circle of latitude in which the perihelion point occurs at the December (or southern) solstice.
3. Thus it is the southernmost latitude where the Sun can be seen directly overhead.
4. It reaches 90 degrees below the horizon at solar midnight on the June solstice.
5. The Tropic of Capricorn is one of the five major latitude lines of the Earth. The other four are latitude lines.
- Equator (0 degrees latitude)
- Tropic of Cancer (23.5 degrees north latitude)
- North Pole Circle (66.5 degrees north latitude)
- South Pole Circle (66.5 degrees south latitude)
Which of the following is a warm current?319 0 642c1bebed76c064b86656eb
Sri Lanka is separated from India by the ______.404 0 642c0e69dcb650c145793b2e
In which of the following countries is Jhumming known as ‘Conuco’?377 0 6419801c2b960e1a416b0302