GK Questions - Basic General Knowledge Questions and Answers
These questions are useful for any competitive exam like IAS, bank PO, SSC CGL, RAS, CDS, UPSC exams and all state related exams.
Selective Basic General Knowledge Questions and Answers
51. The first English Newspaper in India was started by
A. Dadabhai Noroji
B. JA Hickey
C. Lord William Bentinck
D. Rabindranath Tagore
52. Who among the following was the woman Chief Justice of a High Court?
A. Geete Mukherjee
B. Leila Seth
C. Sujata Manohar
D. Rani Jethmalani
53. The first field Marshal of India was
A. A Vaidya
B. KM Cariappa
C. Sunder Ji
D. SHFJ Maneksaw
54. Who was the largest serving Chief Minister in India?
A. Bhajan Lal
B. Chimanbhai Patel
C. Pawan Kumar Chamling
D. Hiteshwar Saikia
55. Who among the following was the first chief of the Air Staff?
A. Sir Ronald Lvelaw Chapman
B. H Moolgavkar
C. Sir Thomas Elmhirst
D. Sir Gerald Gibbs
56. The second largest river basin in india is of the river
57. In 2011, The present Majority Leader of the Lok Sabha is
A. Pranab Mukerjee
B. Sushma Swaraj
C. Mrs.Meira Kumar
D. Dr. Manmohan Singh
58. Which of the following is not a condition for become a citizen of india?
D. Acquiring Property
59. The Lok Sabha is also known as
A. Council of states
B. The Upper House
C. The House of the People
60. What is the age of retirement of a Judge of a supreme
Feel free and ask me in the comment section if you have doubt or problem regarding general knowledge questions. Visit on the next page for more practice or read questions.